Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Charlies Shinpad said:
When DK appointed MM,he said there was money in the pot for new players.

Well if that is the case,why, when you read todays Argus is MM saying we have to get rid of a quality keeper to fund a new player?

Someone is not telling the complete truth here are they?

We only signed Ben Roberts in the summer,so why after a few games into the season can we no longer afford 2 keepers?

Someone hasnt done there sums very well have they?

No-one has given amounts. I'm sure there is money in the pot, but I would interpret MM's comments as him looking to increase this pot.

PERHAPS (am NOT stating this as fact), there was £100k in the pot for new players when MM arrived. Some has been used on the loan signing of Rehman (who was on his way back when MM arrived) and Yeates.

PERHAPS Mark McGhee has his eye on a particular player who will cost £150k, and he therefore needs to sell a keeper to increase his pot sufficiently to make the purchase he's after.

If that is the case then, that would all make sense, and no-one has lied to us. It does annoy me that some people are quick to conclude that we are not being told the truth.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
But if FDM does go we still have to get a Loan keeper in,and that will cost money.

Ben Roberts is not exactly known as an injury free keeper is he,so the Loan Keeper will have to be of a decent standard.

So are we looking for another Dave Beasant?,who doesnt come cheap!
It seems that the extra money we are trying to raise is going to buy a striker or midfielder,and I wont disagree with that,but you need someone decent between the sticks to keep the ball out in the first place.So that a helluva gamble on Roberts staying injury free!!

I just think the money we raise buy selling FDM is only going to be a stop gap!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here