Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lets just say you get your wish, and Dick calls a press conference on Monday morning and says "bollocks to all this then, I'm off".

What then ?

Could someone please point me towards the queue of multi-millionaires winding their way from Brighton Station down to the club shop, all just ITCHING to lavish all their lovely cash on the Albion ? Sorry, I must have missed the multitude of offers from filthy-rich businessmen trying to take the club over and give us all their money. Where is OUR Abramovich ? Did Knight push him aside in 1997 ? Cos I didn't see anyone else wanting to take control of a homeless club at the bottom of the League, did you ?

Because of course in this financial climate, EVERYONE wants to invest in a 2nd division football club playing in a borrowed athletics stadium, don't they ? We're positively beating them off with our shitty sticks arn't we ? f*** me, this club should be ROLLING IN MONEY with the potential chairmen lining up to take us over. But nasty old Dick won't let them will he. Damn him to hell and back, eh ?

A little reality check here, because clearly some of you just don't GET IT.

1. Dick Knight is operating this club within its means. If you want to see what happens when you DON'T do this, just take a little look at Leeds Utd, Oldham or Notts County (for starters).

2. Dick Knight is an Albion fan. Thats right, we have a FAN in charge of the club, who is determined to look after its best interests. Can anyone here tell me what happened the last time we just had a BUSINESSMAN in charge of this football club ? Anyone ? Come on, don't be shy. What happened ? Tell me.

3. After bringing us back from some wilderness in Kent, Dick Knight has spearheaded the one and only credible application for a new stadium the club has ever had, and we are closer to that becoming a reality than ever before. If Dick had not stepped in, put his money where his mouth is, got us back down here to Sussex and put together that application, where exactly do you think this club would be now ? Think we could have done any better do ya ?

Come on then all you bright sparks wanting Knight out, come up with some ANSWERS. Who should come in and take over ? What should Knight have done differently ? Without the wonderful benefit of hindsight, what would YOU have done differently to Knight which would have seen us in some cloud cuckoo-land fantasy world where the Albion are already once again rubbing shoulders with Man U and the like.

Its a piece of piss to snipe and bitch from behind the comfort of your PC. Well, this is your thread now to come up with some real answers about the running of this club. If you can't come up with some credible, constructive answers then I suggets you f*** right off and get off Dicks back.

If it wasn't for that bloke, you wouldn't even HAVE a professional football club in Brighton. You might want to remember that the next time you feel like calling for his head.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Easy 10 said:

If it wasn't for that bloke, you wouldn't even HAVE a professional football club in Brighton. You might want to remember that the next time you feel like calling for his head.

I don't like that argument.

It is like saying Robbie Reinelt should have a guaranteed spot in the starting line up.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Easy 10 , top post, well said. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you retards....

fatboy said:
I don't like that argument.

It is like saying Robbie Reinelt should have a guaranteed spot in the starting line up.

Its not the basis of an entire argument, agreed. But it DOES show that Knight has this clubs best interests at heart. He does not deserve the flack he is getting on here, or people questioning his ambition or motives, when he has come up trumps for us time and time again.

He's got a damn sight more things right than he got wrong in the last 6 years, and he is worthy of our trust. He's bloody well done enough to earn it.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yes. I wasn't disagreeing with the post.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Knight will go sooner or later and many hope it is sooner, just as the team as got stale and some need to go so it's the same in the boardroom.
Knight in over 6 years has failed to even get past the planning application for a new stadium and has yet to convince many he has the finance to build a new ground.
The most important thing right now is to give McGhee enough money to strengthen the squad and get out of this downward spiral. If Knight hasn't got the cash then it's about time he got out and about in Sussex and found some people.
Remember it's BRIGHTon and Hove Albion not KNIGHTon and Hove Albion.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Easy 10 said:
Lets just say you get your wish, and Dick calls a press conference on Monday morning and says "bollocks to all this then, I'm off".

What then ?

Could someone please point me towards the queue of multi-millionaires winding their way from Brighton Station down to the club shop, all just ITCHING to lavish all their lovely cash on the Albion ? Sorry, I must have missed the multitude of offers from filthy-rich businessmen trying to take the club over and give us all their money. Where is OUR Abramovich ? Did Knight push him aside in 1997 ? Cos I didn't see anyone else wanting to take control of a homeless club at the bottom of the League, did you ?

Because of course in this financial climate, EVERYONE wants to invest in a 2nd division football club playing in a borrowed athletics stadium, don't they ? We're positively beating them off with our shitty sticks arn't we ? f*** me, this club should be ROLLING IN MONEY with the potential chairmen lining up to take us over. But nasty old Dick won't let them will he. Damn him to hell and back, eh ?

A little reality check here, because clearly some of you just don't GET IT.

1. Dick Knight is operating this club within its means. If you want to see what happens when you DON'T do this, just take a little look at Leeds Utd, Oldham or Notts County (for starters).

2. Dick Knight is an Albion fan. Thats right, we have a FAN in charge of the club, who is determined to look after its best interests. Can anyone here tell me what happened the last time we just had a BUSINESSMAN in charge of this football club ? Anyone ? Come on, don't be shy. What happened ? Tell me.

3. After bringing us back from some wilderness in Kent, Dick Knight has spearheaded the one and only credible application for a new stadium the club has ever had, and we are closer to that becoming a reality than ever before. If Dick had not stepped in, put his money where his mouth is, got us back down here to Sussex and put together that application, where exactly do you think this club would be now ? Think we could have done any better do ya ?

Come on then all you bright sparks wanting Knight out, come up with some ANSWERS. Who should come in and take over ? What should Knight have done differently ? Without the wonderful benefit of hindsight, what would YOU have done differently to Knight which would have seen us in some cloud cuckoo-land fantasy world where the Albion are already once again rubbing shoulders with Man U and the like.

Its a piece of piss to snipe and bitch from behind the comfort of your PC. Well, this is your thread now to come up with some real answers about the running of this club. If you can't come up with some credible, constructive answers then I suggets you f*** right off and get off Dicks back.

Dick has money but refueses to part with his cash. We dont need multi millionaires to pump money in but need someone to plough money that we've made from players..ie Zamora and Coppell going to Reading back into the playing side.

You are another dork!!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
Dick has money but refueses to part with his cash. We dont need multi millionaires to pump money in but need someone to plough money that we've made from players..ie Zamora and Coppell going to Reading back into the playing side.

You are another dork!!

Where did the compo for Coppell go ? Can't have gone on the planning enquiry as that should have been done by the Summer.
With Knight there are more questions than answers right now and as usual when things go wrong he does his little dissappearing act.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Re: Re: Re: DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you retards....

Ernest said:
Where did the compo for Coppell go ? Can't have gone on the planning enquiry as that should have been done by the Summer.
With Knight there are more questions than answers right now and as usual when things go wrong he does his little dissappearing act.

Because if he told the truth then there would be outrage.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Lucky_Boy_Farang said:

You are another dork!!

Is this the best we're going to come up with ?
For every poster who says "Dicks got loads of money, he's just tight", we have just as many saying "Dick Knights potless, get rid of him"

Truth is, none of you dickwads really knows how much Dick Knight is worth. So don't even bother second-guessing that he "should" be spending more of his money on the team, cos you havn't got a CLUE. And if the money from Zamora and Coppell has to be ploughed into Falmer, then so be it. I'd rather the application stay on course then see the money spent on a few players to tide us over this season. Surely the bigger picture doesn't need explaining here ? Yes, the Enquiry is now done, but we've still got to pay for the FRIGGING STADIUM.

I'm still waiting to see some constructive answers.

Last edited:

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
I think the real sticking point is what has Dick done with the majority of Zamoras money and all of Coppells £230k compensation. As well as these two incoming amounts we now don't have Bobbys wages to pay (replaced by Leons) and Brookers.

All of Bobbys £1m should have covered several seasons of playing budget with Coppells compensation being an instant addition to it as it was an unforseen gain, and not part of the pre season budget.

These are the real questions that need to be answered by the board as it's the only visible income that the fans have really seen coming in recently and yet to no benefit of strengthening the squad.

Don't even start me on the £48m required for the new stadium. With a mortgage/loan at 5% interest PA the interest alone will be circa £2.4m a year, even before capital repayment. With 22 home games thats approx £110,000.00 a game. Divide that by average gates of 11,000 and thats £10 out of each ticket!!!:glare:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.

Don't care how much Dick tight is worth, But am saying he should put some of that money he's made from Zamora and Coppell back into the playing side.

You want Falmer so do we all, But whats the point in having a 24,000 seater staduim when we WILL be playing 3rd division football ? No one will want to watch us, And if we did get Falmer then Dick Tight would say we have no money for the playing side as we have to pay for this staduim.

In a no win situation.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Easy 10 said:

A long wait for you methinks considering the 'people' you are expecting constructive answers from...

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex

Easy 10 said:

You won't get many of those on here, I'm afraid. Too many John McEnroes throwing down their racquet and cursing when things go wrong! Good to see someone remaining positive - even after today's debacle!

Easy 10 - spot on. I'm with you 100%. Easy to say DK should do this, should do that but the two main facts are (a) the club is stable finacially (very unusal for a football club these days) and (b) the guy was a fan before he became chairman and will still be a fan after he stops being chairman.

Some people - the minority - on here seem to think that either he should do more, or they could do better. Unless and until they have done as much for the club as DK has or come up with as much dosh they should shut up. Or at least come up with constructive suggestions, none of which I've seen yet.

The club is living within its means, despite having a huge percentage of income going straight out the door. How many other clubs can you name can say that? When Falmer comes then we can start to move upwards - until then I'm afraid that hanging on to where we are today is about the best we can hope for.

But I for one can live with that. When you remember where we were (and we lived beyond our means long before Archer came on the scene) and you realise what the alternative is to today's situation, then it's a no-brainer.

3 point plan -
(1) Hang on in there - keep the faith
(2) Falmer
(3) Then the sky's the limit

I just hope DK doesn't get pissed off before then, because if he goes, then we are REALLY in the soft and nasty.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Dick Knight knows what he is doing. He won't do an Archer, simply because if he does, he will get SHOT!:wave:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you retards....

Lucky_Boy_Farang said:

That just about says it all, Farang. Well done for your stunning response there.

You've pretty much proved my point with that - nobody here can come up with anything constructive about what the club could do if the moaners on here finally got their wish and Dick Knight left the Albion. All you can do is whine and bitch and demand heads should roll. Yeah well, thats the EASY part.

Not one person here can come up with a decent argument as to why Dick Knight should leave the club, and (more importantly) who should replace him. If you havn't got the answers, then stop bitching or feck off.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here