Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins O'Meter

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am doing a " Wilkins O Meter " to gauge and assess our wonderful managers season. Seeing as the 39 league games he had in charge last season appear to have been an illusion and trickery with smoke and mirrors and he only became manager in the Summer , I am generously disregarding his disasterous spell in charge last season and will judge him on this season as I have been told to do as its his team and his tactics and his motivation

You can follow this and if Wilkins proves me wrong you can see me admit the error of my ways and ridicule me. I hope for the sake of the club he proves me wrong we could do without 4th division football.

So far we have had 2 games and 2 defeats so he's got a 100% record and 1 goal scored in 3.5 hours of football. He has said today he does not feel under pressure at all and thats sad really that the expectations of the board and fans of this club are so pitifully low if we scrape through the season and finish 20th that will be seen as a great success. Other managers have achieved great things with the facilities and finances that Wilkins has.

So to summarise:

Games 2
Wins 0 - 0%
Draws 0
Defeats 2 - 100%
Goals scored 1 - 0.5 a game
Goals conceded 3 - 1.5 a game

Wilkins O Meter rating - 2 out of 10

This will be updated Saturday.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
...Other managers have achieved great things with the facilities and finances that Wilkins has.

But every season it gets more and more difficult is that so difficult to comprehend? Key players have gone, they have been replaced with youth teamers who may or may not make it in the long run and further finances have been ploughed into the black hole.

No-one is an overnight success. How long did it take Spielberg to make a decent movie and wasn't it an inflated budget?

I am beginning to think Al has a point. I expect a smug update on this thread if we lose. I bet you can't wait for the next defeat.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No Paul, if we win I have have to be contrite and if we do well I will apologise to Wilkins, if we keep losing I will want a new manager so the club can win and suceed, whats so hard to understand about that, the facts are 2 games, 2 defeats, if people on here are happy with the team losing week in week out fine, I am not and want the team to be winners, I don't think Wilkins can ultimately deliver that

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
No Paul, if we win I have have to be contrite and if we do well I will apologise to Wilkins, if we keep losing I will want a new manager so the club can win and suceed, whats so hard to understand about that, the facts are 2 games, 2 defeats, if people on here are happy with the team losing week in week out fine, I am not and want the team to be winners, I don't think Wilkins can ultimately deliver that

It is nothing to do with Wilkins. You would have been on the back of whoever had taken over from McGhee.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
2 out of 10 is a bit generous to be honest. You should lower it a bit more so he has something realistic to aim for. Wilkins is the worst permanent manager we have had in years. FACT.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I'm sure when we do win, and you apologise to Wilkins as promised, it will mean SO much to him.:shootself:shootself:shootself (We really do need to get a wanker sign smilley for this board)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am doing with Wilkins what 50% of the board did with McGhee , the think is McGhee has a track record of success and Wilkins has none and my doubts are he will be the man to achieve it, anyway Mr Burns I truely hope Wilkins succeeds and my meter will reflect any progress made, don't mistake criticise doubting and not being happy with a manager with not being a 100% Albion fan which is often to tack adopted, I was standing on the terraces of the Goldstone about 15 years before Wilkins became involved with BHAFC and 30 years before he became manager.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I am doing with Wilkins what 50% of the board did with McGhee , the think is McGhee has a track record of success and Wilkins has none and my doubts are he will be the man to achieve it, anyway Mr Burns I truely hope Wilkins succeeds and my meter will reflect any progress made, don't mistake criticise doubting and not being happy with a manager with not being a 100% Albion fan which is often to tack adopted, I was standing on the terraces of the Goldstone about 15 years before Wilkins became involved with BHAFC and 30 years before he became manager.

The thing is McGhee had 2 full seasons to build his side...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I am doing a " Spielberg Moan O Meter " to gauge and assess our wonderful moaner this season. Seeing as the 39 league games he had of whining last season appear to have been an illusion and trickery with smoke and mirrors and he only became a broken record in the Summer , I am generously disregarding his disasterous spell of posting last season and will judge him on this season as I have been told to do as its his complaints, tedium and sour grapes.

You can follow this and if Spielberg proves me wrong you can see me admit the error of my ways and ridicule me. I hope for the sake of the board he proves me wrong we could do without 4th division whinging.

So far we have had 2 games and 2 defeats so he's got a 100% record of undermining the manager. He has said today he does not feel under pressure at all and thats sad really that the expectations of the board are so pitifully low that if we scrape through the season and finish 20th with minimal moaning that will be seen as a great success.
So to summarise:

Games 2
Wins 0 - 0%
Draws 0
Defeats 2 - 100%
Goals scored 1 - 0.5 a game
Goals conceded 3 - 1.5 a game

Spielberg Moan O Meter rating - 8 out of 10

This will be updated Saturday.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills