Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Flag 2

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I'm going to let someone else have the hassle of organising and designing it this time!

Tenner from me towards the cost though.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
£ 415

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Is this the same flag as the giant 'SBTS' flag I've seen at places like the Millenium?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Is this the same flag as the giant 'SBTS' flag I've seen at places like the Millenium?

Heres one:
flag2bz5.jpg

But there a load in a thread called REMF Flag Urgent....I'll just search for it...

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
cant be hard to lose something so big

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
How the F*** has this 'gone missing'?!!! :p

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
£ 465

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
As it appears that the original REMF flag has gone missing. I am suggesting buying a new flag to be named the Robert Eaton Memorial Flag again to be taken to the future REMF games and have the odd day out at Withdean and away trips. I am envisaging something impressive but not quite as large which can be kept more easily. I reckon £ 500 - £ 1000 should get something dedent for the new season.

It is not appropriate for use fund money so we need voluntary donations.

As such I will chip in with £ 50. If people think it is a good idea please pledge your bids here or PM me if you want to keep anonymous. I am setting a target of
£ 1000 by the end of August.

Many thanks.
fair play to NSC , in just over a day we are just under half way towards the target - bravo to those concerned :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'm with tedebear. Let's have a good look for the other one before forking out for a new one.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yorkie see further up thread we will not buy a new flag until we have completely ruled out finding the original flag

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think the general belief is whilst there has been much building of new stands etc at Withdean someone has by mistake thrown out the flag.

I think the general belief is whilst there has been much building of new stands etc at Withdean someone has by mistake thrown out the flag.

How can someone throw out something as big as that by mistake?

I suspect its either rotting away somewhere in the bowels of Withdean or it's been left at an away ground or possibly in someone's boot - but again, it's not something that can slip down the side of the sofa. Whichever, it's a great shame, and assuming we've done everything to find it then I'm all in favour of getting a new one.

As long as arrangements for looking after it - storage, transport to away games, display at home games, insurance, etc - are all in place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here