Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF money & is it time for a name change?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
1 - Forgive my ignorance but I've never actually known where the REMF goes, is it to the family or the club or wherever?

2 - Obviously RIP Robert and its a great shame what happened and all that, but BHA fans do die occasionally and in the case of a good mates mate (Season Ticket Holder) in tragic circumstances which is shocking. But I dont see Funds being set up for them all the time, what I'm trying to get at is - is it time for a change to the name of the fund to a more overall BHA 'Memorial Fund' or '<something> Fund' to give money to...well I dunno the club or a charity involved with the Albion? etc etc?
I'm throwing ideas out here people as I believe its time to move on, we do need to move in life and thats just my opinion...obviously NSC will have its own :p
(I may of questioned this before but cant remember! )

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Have you looked at the forum for it or the website? It tells you where the money goes.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Have you looked at the forum for it or the website? It tells you where the money goes.

no...hence I asked :D

(and cant be bothered to look tell me innit)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
no...hence I asked :D

(and cant be bothered to look tell me innit)

Can't be bothered to tell you (innit)

:D

is this another of your wind ups?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Can't be bothered to tell you (innit)

:D

is this another of your wind ups?

another one?! I stopped wind ups years ago Yorkie!

No its not, I genually (SP?) cant remember or never knew where the money went and I do think point 2 above.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well we at ASC Strikers gained some sponsorship a couple of years back which helps to purchase kits for playing football.

In return we have always provided the ballboys for the REMF games and I have to say it something I am very pleased to be involved in.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
OK quickly briefed over the REMF forum and its fantastic what it achieves so I'm satisfied with that and glad so many people take part in it.

So back to Point 2, IMO it still stands.

1066gull

Maybe I should done something about this for the DVD.

Damn. I'm not doing it again. Maybe another year.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally I think it should remain as REMF as it stand for a needless loss of one life dear to us and also a shocking atrocity that should never be forgotten for all others who lost their lives that day.

1066gull

Personally I think it should remain as REMF as it stand for a needless loss of one life dear to us and also a shocking atrocity that should never be forgotten for all others who lost their lives that day.
Reading the transcripts was really surreal and saddening. I had no one died from the atrocity I knew, but seeing a transcript of people posting on the day about it, compared to what I was doing was really weird.

The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund is what the name says it is. It's a memorial to Robert Eaton.

It's not a Brighton and Hove Albion organisation. It's not a North Stand Chat organisation. Although people from the football club and this message board have been stalwart supporters of the fund throughout its existence.

It's a registered charity, administered (like all charities) by trustees - most of whom are members of the Eaton family.

It's not 'ours' to tinker with.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund is what the name says it is. It's a memorial to Robert Eaton.

It's not a Brighton and Hove Albion organisation. It's not a North Stand Chat organisation. Although people from the football club and this message board have been stalwart supporters of the fund throughout its existence.

It's a registered charity, administered (like all charities) by trustees - most of whom are members of the Eaton family.

And if it was ours to 'tinker' with there is no need anyway.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

aahh then fair enough leave alone, just bugged me recently that the only voice of charitable work with the albion I hear about is REMF, well and the 40 Notes!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Obviously RIP Robert and its a great shame what happened and all that, but BHA fans do die occasionally

Robert Eaton was murdered. But his name lives on through the fantastic work undertaken by the charity that bares his name. Long may that continue.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
aahh then fair enough leave alone, just bugged me recently that the only voice of charitable work with the albion I hear about is REMF, well and the 40 Notes!

A solution may be to establish a charitable fund yourself.

Did you miss the fundraising walk organised by the Falmer For All team that recently raised £825 for the Lewes Area Play Council by failing to walk from the City centre to Sheepcote Valley in twenty five minutes?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
A solution may be to establish a charitable fund yourself.

no thanks.

Did you miss the fundraising walk organised by the Falmer For All team that recently raised £825 for the Lewes Area Play Council by failing to walk from the City centre to Sheepcote Valley in twenty five minutes?

uuummm...yeah :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here