Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smoking ban - something I didn't consider!

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
My friends band was playing at the Ship in Newhaven last night, and I was going to go along to watch (especially now I'd almost smell the same coming home as going out!) but dinner dragged on, the kids played up etc so I didn't go.
But apparently last night, the pubs were still as full as ever (despite scaremongers saying they wouldnt' be!) but the smokers were going outside every ten minutes or so.
Opposite the Ship, is the Bridge pub - and apparently the patrons of the two venues are not best of chums as the fight in the street between the two puffing groups proved last night! They wouldn't have met before, staying in their own choice of public houses! lol!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am totally against the ban and would have been if I were a non smoker as well.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Why? Thats like saying if you're not gay you would be happy to see homosexuality banned.

It's nothing of the sort, being a homosexual is not likely to harm somebody else's health.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm fully in favour of the ban, both for personal reasons and my own medical reasons.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How can you say that ? If you were a non smoker it's likely that you would be very much for a ban.

No because this is the first victory for the Health Nazi's , this is just the start you mark my words.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
No because this is the first victory for the Health Nazi's , this is just the start you mark my words.

What he said!!

Another case of political correctness gone mad!

If you don't like smoke don't go to pubs simple as that. All you people using the second hand smoke argument what the f*** are doing in pubs in the first place?? Having half a coke???

Everything these days is supposed to be bad for us, soon we'll be being told we can't use toothpaste because it causes blindness in later life or something similar!

I'm more than capable of making my own mind up about whether I deem something to be good or bad for me thank you very much. I don't need some sandle wearing tofu eating one legged lesbian at Westminster making my mind up for me.

Smoking isn't anti social. The smoking ban IS anti social! Last Sunday I went to the pub with 3 mates who all smoke. As I mentioned previously I don't so once every half an hour or so they upsticks and went for a fag leaving me sat on my todd waiting for them to return. It certainly didn't improve my pub going experience!

If we except this then what next?? Banning booze from pubs?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What he said!!

If you don't like smoke don't go to pubs simple as that. All you people using the second hand smoke argument what the f*** are doing in pubs in the first place?? Having half a coke???

Everything these days is supposed to be bad for us, soon we'll be being told we can't use toothpaste because it causes blindness in later life or something similar!

I'm more than capable of making my own mind up about whether I deem something to be good or bad for me thank you very much. I don't need some sandle wearing tofu eating one legged lesbian at Westminster making my mind up for me.

Smoking isn't anti social. The smoking ban IS anti social! Last Sunday I went to the pub with 3 mates who all smoke. As I mentioned previously I don't so once every half an hour or so they upsticks and went for a fag leaving me sat on my todd waiting for them to return. It certainly didn't improve my pub going experience!

If we except this then what next?? Banning booze from pubs?

:bowdown::thumbsup::clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
What he said!!

Underarm deodorant has been proved to be a greater risk for breast cancer because of the aluminium in the ingredients.

Why not give pubs and clubs a choice? This pub is smoking and this other pub is non smoking. Staff and customers can then have a choice of which to go in.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Why not give pubs and clubs a choice? This pub is smoking and this other pub is non smoking. Staff and customers can then have a choice of which to go in.

Far too much common sense Yorkie. Now go to the back of the class and don't do it again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What he said!!

Utter UTTER bollocks. If some people are too f***ing STUPID to look after their health, then OK, go for it! Except there's people ten yards downwind smoking your smoke and they've never even been introduced to you. Bar-staff are on near enough minimum wage and up to now have had little option but to grin and inhale it. Simple fact is any single fucker whingeing about their civil liberties being infringed by being made to not inflict their smoke on random strangers and the NHS = SELFISH ****. End of. Inject heroin all you like, don't really care, just keep it to yourself eh?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Utter UTTER bollocks. If some people are too f***ing STUPID to look after their health, then OK, go for it! Except there's people ten yards downwind smoking your smoke and they've never even been introduced to you. Bar-staff are on near enough minimum wage and up to now have had little option but to grin and inhale it. Simple fact is any single fucker whingeing about their civil liberties being infringed by being made to not inflict their smoke on random strangers and the NHS = SELFISH ****. End of. Inject heroin all you like, don't really care, just keep it to yourself eh?

You don't seem to have had a problem going in the Tap when people were smoking there?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You don't seem to have had a problem going in the Tap when people were smoking there?

That was then, this is now. The rules changed. For the better. I don't mind smokers smoking in the least. I DO mind selfish fuckers spouting bollocks about their civil liberties being eroded. Probably the same selfish fuckers who feel NOTHING about bellowing their inane crap into a mobile on a crowded train, utterly unconcerned about anybody within a ten metre radius who has to listen to their dreary drivel. It's the same sort of selfishness. And if it takes the state to stomp it out, then so be it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So because the rules have changed you have gone from tolerant to intolerant? ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here