Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls world...are we being stiffed?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Other clubs (e.g. Grimsby, and Burnley did it last season) are offering free shirts if fans sign up to the equivalent of Seagulls World.

Why do we not get such good incentives?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think there was some kind of deal like this around Christmas time.
Can't have been a success though<_<

Mullers said:
No! The club needs every penny it can get to spend on players!

Uh? The club needs a successful, money-earning marketing strategy. Give-aways can be part of this.

Believe it or not, I once heard someone who ought to know better put forward the argument that supporters would understand how difficult it was to buy players if only they knew just how much it costs to run the Club Shop in Queens Road.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Seeing as the two biggest things our club has consistently shagged up over the last two years are:

a) the website; and
b) replica shirts,

I can see this sort of offer being a total, total shambles. Personally I've refused to sign up to Seagulls World... someone always cuts and pastes the interetsing bits on here within seconds anyway.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I thought Seagulls World was the name of the club's official website. And no, I just don't think it's worth paying to see interviews with SC that will be transcribed elsewhere if they're that earth-shattering anyway.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Iam not being stuffed as I don't subscribe

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Has anyone else had a problem with the free subscription if you have ntl world? I've got everything it says i need but they won't let me have it, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!:(

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
El Presidente said:
Other clubs (e.g. Grimsby, and Burnley did it last season) are offering free shirts if fans sign up to the equivalent of Seagulls World.

Why do we not get such good incentives?

We do.

Before Christmas.. Check programes if you want.

Pack 1 - Shirt Pack - £49.99

A full 12 month subscription to Seagulls World, plus the choice of an Albion home or away shirt in anysize.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone who bought Seagulls World is being stiffed. It's terrible value for money when you consider the actual content.

Dicktator Knight

Jul 7, 2003
i would just like to point out that we try very hard to make this service of great benefit like offering a whole day, yes not just a few hours but 24 of them on trial for free, yep absolutely free. We will of course take a few details off you so we can constantly update and badger you into submission at a later date, but I also remind you that you have a choice buy into it and find out all about the forthcoming transfers of new players coming into the club or dont subscribe and miss out. The choice is yours!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here