Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Pies & Prejudice- In Search Of The North, by Stuart Maconie.

I'm reading 'The Politically Incorrect Guide to ISLAM (AND THE CRUSADES)

Attachments

• 51FK9GSC2ML__SS500_.jpg
    51FK9GSC2ML__SS500_.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 347

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I've also just finished "Semi Detached" and was as underwhelmed by it as Man of Harveys! It starts far more promisingly than it finishes and the section that deals with his years at Cambridge is a total muddle since he finds it well nigh impossible to move from past to present in any coherent way at all.

I'm now reading "A Spot of Bother" by Mark Haddon which is excellent so far. Unfortunately, rather like trying to read Tom Sharpe in public, it brings on some very inelegant sniggering. Not that you realise this until you look up and see an entire waiting room full of people staring at you.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Just finished 'The Damned United', fantastic read. If Cloughie was really like that,it makes you wonder how he was so successful.
Anyone read any of David Peace's other books?

How is this post dated for sometime in the future like that?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
To answer the question seriously, I've just finished reading 'Looking Good Dead' by Peter James.

It was absolutely BRILLIO and I'd recommend it to anyone. It's all set around Brighton and Hove which gives it an added appeal

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I have just finished Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - re-read to remind me ready for the `final chapter`of this landmark series. Meanwhile, I have been reading The Six Wives of Henry VIII for about 3 months: historically fascinating but quite a heavy read.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am currently not reading a book, but I do know that one of my Father's Day presents on Sunday, is going to be 'Baghdad Utd'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here