Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stars and Bars - William Boyd

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Death in Grimsby
50 years following Brighton & Hove Albion
By Nick Outterside.

I started reading this yesterday, very good read.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Berlin 1936: Sixteen days in August

It's about the Olympic Games but it's scattered with little vignettes of Berlin life during that month. It's a fascinating read

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The Fall Of The Ottomans by Eugene Rogan. About the Great War in the Middle East and its immediate aftermath.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Tim Carder’s Brighton & Hove Albion and the First World War. I’ve had an interest in WW1 since researching my Great grandfather who died in it. It’s an interesting read, full of Albion stuff not covered by his other remarkable books on the Albion.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just about finished White, the first non-fiction book by Bret Easton Ellis, author of Less Than Zero and American Psycho (Patrick Bateman dotes on Donald J Trump, who gets no less than FORTY name checks in American Psycho, a book published in 1991...)

White is a series of essays and remembrances, where the author was at the time, both geographically and head-mentally. Plenty of interesting insights into the creation and reception of his novels that catapulted him into litetary stardom earlydoors, while he was still at college. A child of Generation X, he's gloriously scathing and entertaining about Generation Z's Cancel Culture. He wonders 'when liberal progressives became such society matrons, clutching their pearls in horror every time anyone had an opinion that wasn't the mirror image of their own'. He'd hate the concept of The Bear Pit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A Season With Verona - Tim Parks

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Prodigal Spy - Joseph Kanon

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The Night Fire by Michael Connelly , up there with Joseph Wambaugh, Henning Manoel and James Ellroy when it comes to crime writing. Would be interested in other posters favourite crime writers.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The Lie She Told by Catherine Yaffe

Recommended by someone on here. Someone's friend?

Anyway, the power of NSC as I bought it and am enjoying it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here