Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Price of Football by [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] of this parish.

It's got extensive sections on Derby County and Manchester City in relation to creative accounting.

I just hope no one at the football authorities reads it and thinks about charging the clubs because if they do I will hugely regret not writing more about a small club in South London.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's got extensive sections on Derby County and Manchester City in relation to creative accounting.

I just hope no one at the football authorities reads it and thinks about charging the clubs because if they do I will hugely regret not writing more about a small club in South London.

Was it published in time to cover Chansiri’s attempt to use the stadium sale ruse, but uniquely accounting for the transaction a year before it happened?

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
"Now it can be told" by Philip Gibbs who was a War correspondent during WW1, his reports were very much censored at the time but this book is the raw truth of what happened in the front line of the horrors of the great war, a fantastic read, probably the best book I have read so far about WW1.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Was it published in time to cover Chansiri’s attempt to use the stadium sale ruse, but uniquely accounting for the transaction a year before it happened?

The sale is mentioned in passing but I didn’t go into detail as was under instructions to limit the word count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Read ‘The Volunteer’ in just five days. Gripping story of about Witold Pilecki who chose to enter Auschwitz to document and report crimes to the then ignorant Allies, and showed unbelievable courage and resilience along with many others in bringing the horrors to the West’s attention.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Read ‘The Volunteer’ in just five days. Gripping story of about Witold Pilecki who chose to enter Auschwitz to document and report crimes to the then ignorant Allies, and showed unbelievable courage and resilience along with many others in bringing the horrors to the West’s attention.

Very few people would have taken that mission on, certainly cost him a lot personally but rightly later recognised as a Polish hero. Was a good read, although I must admit to skipping some of the more basic historical stuff about the West/Britain & Auschwitz, included with good reason, but most of it already read elsewhere.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
D2E7EA87-D793-4D35-AF08-1978BB8A9D51.jpeg
24BAD2AB-8DE6-4C07-91E2-9E6B879F1602.jpeg

Probably get in to trouble for a blatant bit of advertising for a young lad, friends son. Amazon £3.50. I take a ban.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
David Attenborough - Life on Air

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sharon Bolton - Daisy In Chains

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ant Middleton - the fear bubble

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Acid for the Children. Flea's memoir.

Very interesting, a crazy upbringing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I finished Sumner's book recently. I would like to balance it with Hooks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

That’ll be that my next stop.

Hook’s isn’t a 600 page rant against Sumner and Morris. Some bitchy comments, it all boils down to the age old issue in any workplace and 99.9% of bands, of (excuse the pun) control. Hook felt that as time went on, the others had manipulated it so Sumner was the de facto boss. But the book’s in the main a great read on the music, creativity, and countless incidents on their tours.

I’ve parked the book in recent weeks. Because I stumbled online across a bio by the manager/assistant manager of The Top Rank Suite, Busby’s and The Pink Coconut from 1976 to the late 80’s. So I bought the paperback. A personal thing to me, it’s fantastic ... I enjoyed that scene as a youngster from 1982 onwards ... had the time of my life. New Order was very much part of that time too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here