Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex vs Hampshire @ Arundel

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Anyone else going tomorrow? I am making by Arundel debut, not quite sure what to expect.

:)

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Lovely ground: saw South Africa play there a few years ago, and sat behind Henry Blofeld - it was like having TMS on without the headphones. Bliss.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
going Thursday

assuming we don't lose in a day

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Why does everyone think we're SHIT all of a sudden? We're ABOVE Surrey and Lancs in the County Championship, and in our last game we WALLOPED Worcestershire.

Yeah, we're RUBBISH in one-dayers, but with the exception of last season, 1993, 1986 and, er, 1961/62, we always HAVE been.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Why does everyone think we're SHIT all of a sudden? We're ABOVE Surrey and Lancs in the County Championship, and in our last game we WALLOPED Worcestershire.

Yeah, we're RUBBISH in one-dayers, but with the exception of last season, 1993, 1986 and, er, 1961/62, we always HAVE been.

didnt we win The Gillette Cup in the late 70's, same day as we beat Millwall 4-1 at The Den (or did I dream this?) NB I do eat cheese before bed time

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
On a sunny summer's day there can be few grounds anywhere that offer a better impression of the timelessness of cricket. Unspoilt and beautiful.

I remember watching the Duke of Norfolk's XI vs West Indies many years ago and thinking that it could have been any day in the last 100 years:D

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Watched the Aussies there a good few years ago, just fantastic

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Could someone post a picture of the ground at Arundel? A mate of mine supports Hampshire and maintains that the Rose Bowl is the most attractive cricket ground in the country. I need to put him right.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
unnameable said:
Could someone post a picture of the ground at Arundel? A mate of mine supports Hampshire and maintains that the Rose Bowl is the most attractive cricket ground in the country. I need to put him right.

tell them to get their lazy arse down to Arundel to see for themselves, you have to be there to really appreciate it

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
severnside gull said:
On a sunny summer's day there can be few grounds anywhere that offer a better impression of the timelessness of cricket. Unspoilt and beautiful.

I remember watching the Duke of Norfolk's XI vs West Indies many years ago and thinking that it could have been any day in the last 100 years:D

Until someone's mobile phone starts ringing...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
arun2.jpg

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
unnameable said:

The Rose Bowl would have to be up there, however Arundel shades it for me.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yeah i did Horsham last year. It was ok, but nothing that special to be honest.

Hopefully Aruden is more impressive.:)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Sussex (from): Montgomerie, Nash, Yardy, Goodwin, Adams, Hodd, Martin-Jenkins, Wright, Rana Naved, Mushtaq Ahmed, Lewry, Kirtley, Rayner.

Hampshire (from): Adams, Brown, Crawley, Lumb, Carberry, Pothas, Mascerenhas, Warne, Tremlett, Clark, Bruce, Tomlinson.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here