Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Summer 6-a-side tournament

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I am pleased to announce that the first annual NSC Summer 6-a-side tournament, is ON.

The event will be held at Preston Park, on Sunday 29th July 2007, from 11.00am to 5pm. There will be two pitches, 65 x 35 yards. The location will be right below the cafe, which is ideal. Goals are being supplied kindly by Mrs Coach, and kindly transported by Ali Jenkins.

There will be space for 10 teams [maximum squad of 9 players].

Format is simple - two groups of 5. Top 2 into semi-finals, then final. Placings will be decided by points, then goal difference, then head-to head record. Drawn semi-finals or final, will go to one straight 5 minute period of extra time, followed by penalties.

Matches will be 10 minutes each way, with rolling substitutions allowed.

A referee rota will be produced alongside the fixture list - each team will nominate one of their members to ref each game for which they are rota'd.

The entry fee shall be £50 per team, which works out just over £5 per head, for a minimum of 4 matches each. I have paid for the pitch and pavilion hire, plus compulsory insurance. I shall be buying medals for the winning team and runners up, plus golden boot and top keeper trophies.

I will provide the balls, ref's whistles and a first aid kit. If somebody can provide a couple of sets of bibs, in case six of the teams are wearing blue and white, that would be good.

I will also get a small prize from the club shop for a free-to-enter kids penalty competition, open to under 14's, but using three different spots, to give smaller kids a chance.

As I say, there are 10 places. The following teams and posters have expressed an interest so far;

1. Crocs [Turienzo's l'child]
2. Exiles [myself]
3. Steaming Kettles [jaz's mates]
4. NSC Select [Frutos]
5. REMF [Mendoza]
6. Albion Community Team [justin]
7. Da Man Clay
8. Yo Momma [Les Biehn]
9. Brazil of Brighton [BoF]
10. Richie Morris

I have also sent a message to Kevin, the Crystal Palace REMF skipper, to see if they would be interested in attending. If they do then I'm sure we can merge a couple of the above to make room.

Can each of the people above please let me know on here, when their participation is confirmed, so that any spaces can be offered to others.

The event was designed for the sole purpose of having a laugh, but should also make a tidy profit which will be split between REMF and 'No Boundaries'.

Cheers

Simon

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
CRACKING new.

My team MIGHT be the same as Brett's.

I believe Max is in goal for my team. Get the best keeper trophy engraved ready...

Last edited:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Just canvassing support amongst the London Exiles - If there's space, we may well be there.
Pencil us in pls!
:thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Richie Morris said:
How about a team made of people not already in a team and want to turn up on the day?

I think we will have too many teams Richie. If extras post on here, then teams short of a couple of players can pick them up that way. When I have finished compiling my 'Exiles' team I may have 2 or 3 spaces, myself.

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
crocs will rinse this tourney!

McCarthy

Rumble Potter

Kane Stewart

Witham

how can we lose? :clap2:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
if i can I will pop along just to abuse and boo people

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Richie Morris said:
CRACKING new.

My team MIGHT be the same as Brett's.

I believe Max is in goal for my team. Get the best keeper trophy engraved ready...

Let me know about the teams, as soon as you can.

As for the keeper trophy, El Pres must surely have a chance, playing as he will be, behind the GINGER CANNAVARO.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Hoggy said:
crocs will rinse this tourney!

McCarthy

Potter

Kane Stewart

Witham

how can we lose? :clap2:

Winners:thumbsup:

(assuming Scott is back from Canada, which is a HUGE maybe)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Dave the Gaffer said:

You can give us inspirational team talks if you like.

hans kraay fan club said:

As for the keeper trophy, El Pres must surely have a chance, playing as he will be, behind the GINGER CANNAVARO.

Will do.

You may have the ginger Cannavaro we have a team of CHAMPIONS.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dave the Gaffer said:

Excellent. Could you stand behind El Pres' goal and chant the name of a random keeper who is not playing?

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
hans kraay fan club said:

mccarthy will win best keeper

kane will be top scorer

crocs will win

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here