Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nostalgia - Old Restaurants and Bars in Brighton

rool

Jul 10, 2003
There was a pie shop in the lanes area but can't remember it's name. That was nice

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The Old Vic, ship street. back in the day when they did PUNX gigs on a Sunday night

:happydays:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Samson's in Kemp Town

Leadbellys by the Theatre Royal

Jenkinson's (shitehole)

King's 1 and 2 (for the oldest swingers in town :lolol: )

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Does anyone know what happened to Le Grand Gousier, a French restaurant, which I think was situated somewhere in the west of Brighton, near the Hove boundary. I have happy memories of being taken there with my French sixth form class about 20 years ago, having a vast meal and knocking back large quantities of French wine, and a creme de menthe or two.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
West Hoathly Seagull said:
Does anyone know what happened to Le Grand Gousier, a French restaurant, which I think was situated somewhere in the west of Brighton, near the Hove boundary. I have happy memories of being taken there with my French sixth form class about 20 years ago, having a vast meal and knocking back large quantities of French wine, and a creme de menthe or two.

Owned by the same guy who had the deli called Bangers in Blatchington Road. Not sure if it went bust or just closed down. His son runs Racine's in Knightsbridge, good reasonably priced (by central London prices) place.

Racines

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tribune Messala said:
Whatever happened to....

Mr K's Disco?

Papa Joes Burgers (near the end of Western Road)

The Bonsoir Club

Henekeys

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

do you remember when Mr K's put the lights in the dance floor

:rave: :rave: :rave: :rave: :rave:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
cardboard said:
Helsinkis
Nooooo!

It was 20 times better when it was the Old Vic - The HotKnives, Too Many Crooks, Skippy the Fridge, The Meteors, Bad Manners, The Riffs, Arthur Kay & The Originals, Mark Foggo's Skasters, Long Tall Texans, yours truly doing the soul and ska DJing on Saturday nights - the place was packed with skinheads and scooterists.

We absolutely trashed the place on the last night. Marvellous scenes.

NB that was the building that is now O'Neills, the place where Brighton & Hove Albion started up, as if you didn't know.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here