Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Match

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Just thought I would let you know that the REMF match against Palace fans was featured in this weeks Croydon Advertiser and got a great write up. Well done for raising such a grand amount for all the various charities.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
The Large One said:
Any online link?
Does not appear to be although it says in ther paper.

One of footballs most ferocious of rivalries was the backdrop to a charity match between Crystal Palace and Brighton supporters.
The game was the sixth annual Robert Eaton Memorial fund match held between two sets of fans in honour of Eaton a Brighton follower killed in the 9/11 attacks.
The fund, which in six years has raised £47,000 for children`s teams in Sussex, Croydon and New York, also holds annual golf days and other events.
The match, held at Lewe`s Dripping Pan Stadium last month, was the chance for the Palace fans to draw the series level at 3-3, having lost the previous two matches on penalties.
While Palce turned out a scratch side, Brighton fielded two ex-proffessionals: Paul Rogers and Ricky Marlowe, both former Albion players.
Eaton regularlly posted on Brighton`s North Stand Chat forum under the moniker `Ricky Marlowe`s Hairpiece`.

It goes on about the game and closes with.

"The night was a huge success" said Gareth Glover, chairman of the REMF. The fund more than trebled the takings from last year`s game, and raised over £2000.00.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It all helps to raise the profile and establish contacts to promote REMF 7 next April.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Uncle Spielberg said:
It all helps to raise the profile and establish contacts to promote REMF 7 next April.

Your mailbox is full.

A) Can you pm me an address to send an extra REMF cheque to.

and

B) The Croydon Ad are faxing me over a copy of the article so shall I pop one in the envelope as well?

cheers

Rich

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Hiney said:
I like the bit about 'the scratch side' against a side containing 2 ex-Albion players. Presumeably they forgot to mention how OLD Ricky Marlowe is and the Palace forwards PROFLIGACY in front of goal!

Superb stuff

they were lethal in front of goal I heard but the Brighton keeper was amazing and kept em all out :dunce:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here