Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO DJ Leon (REMF 'Albion Stay Up' Bet)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well, here was the bet we laid at the start of the season:

"Will the Albion stay up? Tom Hark, Preston Park says NO - DJ Leon say YES. Loser contributes £100 to REMF :thumbsup:"

THPP loses. DJ Leon wins. The Albion stay up. The REMF benefits. Everybody's happy.

Still, I claim a moral victory, sort of. The bet was made in the time of McGhee, and there's nothing surer than if he'd been allowed to remain in charge for the remainder of the season, after sounding like a broken man at the start of September in Bristol, then there's no way the club would have reached 53 points or anywhere near it. And half the squad would have been thrown off the coach by now.

Possibly the poster with dodgiest footballing judgement on NSC, London Irish (now retired to the uncritical safety of brightonfans.com) , called it 'the most ridiculous bet of the season'. Yeah well, yada yada, if it wasn't for that weird statistic blip in the autumn when Coxy and Jakey were pinging them in from all angles for FUN, then we'd be starting next season in the fourth division. Even with McGhee gone, we came perilously close.

So... cheers for the wager DJ Leon. Good work fella!

£100 on its way to the REMF.

Yours In Sport

THPP, Loser

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Tom Hark said:

"Will the Albion stay up? Tom Hark, Preston Park says NO - DJ Leon say YES. Loser contributes £100 to REMF :thumbsup:"

THPP loses. DJ Leon wins. The Albion stay up. The REMF benefits. Everybody's happy.

Still, I claim a moral victory, sort of. The bet was made in the time of McGhee, and there's nothing surer than if he'd been allowed to remain in charge for the remainder of the season, after sounding like a broken man at the start of September in Bristol, then there's no way the club would have reached 53 points or anywhere near it. And half the squad would have been thrown off the coach by now.

Possibly the poster with dodgiest footballing judgement on NSC, London Irish (now retired to the uncritical safety of brightonfans.com) , called it 'the most ridiculous bet of the season'. Yeah well, yada yada, if it wasn't for that weird statistic blip in the autumn when Coxy and Jakey were pinging them in from all angles for FUN, then we'd be starting next season in the fourth division. Even with McGhee gone, we came perilously close.

Yours In Sport

THPP, Loser

Good to see a "Gentleman" keep to his word.

Well done.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
wouldnt of stayed up with mm,you r jokin:nono: :dunce: ,we would of ben higher up fool

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
empire said:
wouldnt of stayed up with mm,you r jokin:nono: :dunce: ,we would of ben higher up fool

What? ???

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
dougdeep said:
i like the fact he is payin his bet,i dont agree that mm would have taken us down,we would of been a lot higher up imo

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I'm glad to see Tom keep his bet, good man. Not sure about the moral victory bit though. Still as long as he points out LI's dodgy football judgement I don't mind too much.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ernest said:
A true man of HONESTY and intregrity like ME and not like that f***ing WELSHER Atilla

THPP :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

One of the classics from Ernest who of course blindly ignores the CKR 5 goal bet and kissing a certain chairman's arse ???

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
good to see you honouring the bet.....i lost a bet today which shall result in me going out in manchester on wednesday wearing a human sized chicken suit....i bet that we would finish in a higher league position than coventry and unfortunately their win today and our failure yesterday means i shall be sporting the feathers....not pleasant.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Top Man :clap:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Tom Hark said:

Yours In Sport

THPP, Loser

Thank you THPP for your sportsmanship! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

This claim of moral victory, however, is nonsense. Relegation was never really an issue for us. Wilkins has just been sizing up his players and preparing for next season. Most fans appear to have mistaken this relaxed approach to the remaining league competition as a 'relegation dogfight', but those of us with a trained eye can see the truth. Not once was I worried that I might lose this bet.

Anyhow, as a thanks for being such a good sport, I'll donate a winner's fee of £25 to REMF (can someone please tell me how).

And perhaps we can start a pre-season REMF-benefit bet fest next season? - unless of course there's an absence of NSCers with any strong opinions on what we'll do next season. I for one am already lining up an outrageous claim about the play-offs. There should be plenty of biters.

Yours In Victory,

DJ Leon, Winner
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Good work.

Tom Hark Preston Park - a gentleman and a scholar. A man of honour and principle.

A true sportsman.

Unlike that clown who plays the recorder.

(Note to THPP: you're going to have to give up this 'charity bet' nonsense. Once is unlucky. Twice is just careless!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here