Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IMPORTANT - Two REMF golf days this year

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
PLEASE READ BOTH PARTS OF THIS MESSAGE.

1. The annual golf match between Albion and Palace has been fixed for Friday 1st June at the usual venue, Hassocks G.C., first four-ball teeing off at 10.30.
The format will be 18 holes golf, stableford format, with trophies and raffle, followed by Ale and steak pie and a variety of veg. Cost of this is £30, £7 of which goes straight into the fund. Please add your name with your handicap to this thread if you are interested. We have won this trophy every year - let's keep the tradition going.

2. As most of you know, we are now supporting, not only junior football clubs in the Brighton, Croydon and New York areas, but also Aids/HIV orphans in Mali. To keep on doing so, we need to generate more interest and funds.
To start with, this year we will be running the inaugural REMF Charity Golf Day. This will take place on Thursday 31st May at Mid-Sussex G.C. in Ditchling and Inghams Travel have agreed to sponsor the day up to a certain amount.
On arrival, participants will be welcomed with bacon rolls and tea or coffee. The entered four balls will then play 18 holes of golf, scoring in a stableford format. The winning team and runners up will all receive trophies. There will also be prizes for certain "Nearest the Pin" holes. This will be followed by a three course meal, after which will come the raffle and presentations. We have already been promised some excellent raffle prizes.

Support is welcomed in a number of ways.

Firstly, entering the competition as a four ball will cost £50 per person. Check the Mid-Sussex web site. This day would normally cost £52.50, so it's a great deal.

Secondly, we're looking for sponsors, either individuals or companies, to sponsor a hole for £50. What do you get for this? Well, it's a charity donation so will be tax deductible. Your name (or your company's name) will be on prominent view at the hole you sponsor so all participants will know who you are. We will also be receiving newspaper and radio media coverage.

Thirdly, if you would like to donate a raffle prize or sponsor a four ball as well as them paying their entry fee, that would be great.

We hope to have come celebrities entering as well, but more about these later. We know that the readers and posters of this message board are second to none, so let's prove it once again.

For any further information on how to enter, sponsor or donate, either send me a pm, email me on t.langridge@virgin.net or ring me on 07860 371461.

I hope to hear from many of you.

Mods, please make this a sticky.

Tony......

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tony

Can you confirm that the ReMF game is Thursday 31st may and the CPFC game the day after!

Regards

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tony

I will play for the REMF team this year.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just a thought - I think EASY10 mentioned this last year. Perhaps we could arrange a four ball competition at one of the Pitch & Putts for those that would be keen to contribute, but are not quite up to scratch to play on an Adult course. :lol:

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Barrel of Fun said:
Just a thought - I think EASY10 mentioned this last year. Perhaps we could arrange a four ball competition at one of the Pitch & Putts for those that would be keen to contribute, but are not quite up to scratch to play on an Adult course. :lol:

BOF,
don't worry about your playing standard, although we, (the Albion that is), always want to beat the Palace lads, the important thing is to enjoy the day and to raise funds for the REMF.

BREAKING NEWS.............

I've spoken to the Albion legend, captain of the back to back championship winning team, Paul Rogers, who has confirmed that he will be playing on both days.
Still doing the business for the Albion supporters.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I am available for both dates. I played at Hassocks last year.....a good day out.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Woodingdean Gull said:
Good news Col, can you get three others to form a four-ball for the charity day on the Thursday?

Will ask around on saturday at the Oldham game.....will post their replies Sat. evening.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
AdrianDINho said:
Could there be a REMF cricket event?

This is being looked into.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Woodingdean Gull said:
Good news Col, can you get three others to form a four-ball for the charity day on the Thursday?

Tony

spoke to Omar who should be up for it, Mandy is on holiday, back on monday and hopefully her and Caroline will play. I am also trying to get Mandy's sister the ladies professional golfer to play

Regards

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Woodingdean Gull said:

Just to let you know...I have a definite four-ball for the Charity day....31/05/2007.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Hi, just to clarify - anyone can sign up for the Hassocks day but you need to form a four-ball for the Mid-Sussex?

I'm interested in getting involved, work permitting.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Barrel of Fun said:

I'd be up for this, any more takers?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How about Rottingdean?

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Dave the Gaffer said:
Tony

spoke to Omar who should be up for it, Mandy is on holiday, back on monday and hopefully her and Caroline will play. I am also trying to get Mandy's sister the ladies professional golfer to play

Regards

Good lad Dave. Do you need an entry form? let me know.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Omar cant make it, and I am not sure about Mandy either:down: :down:

If anyone is short on their four ball, I can make up the numbers!

:down: :down: :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here