Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easy Money

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Forget Spielberg and his horsey tips, go large and buy shares in Pipex (6th biggest ISP in the UK) as they have put themselves up for sale and round 1 of the bidding war closes tomorrow.

Allegedly in blue corner we have BT and in the red corner we have Virgin so the value of the company can only go up.

You know it makes sense and a sure fire winner.

Beach Hut has not charged you for this financial advice.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
You could have told us before it was all announced so we could have got on it early doors beachy:angry: :angry: :angry: :p

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
B.M.F said:
You could have told us before it was all announced so we could have got on it early doors beachy:angry: :angry: :angry: :p

True however I went large around 12 months ago and sitting on a 33% return at present.

Share price is currently 17p however the analysts reckon up to 26p a share could be the final price so plenty of potential room for a serious wind fall.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Now 4 alleged bidders - BT PLC, Carphone Warehouse PLC, BSkyB PLC and Virgin Media.

Nothing confirmed on price

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gambling AGAIN Mr Hut. Tutt tutt.
Its Ocean Finance for you before long.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
i got pipex as an ISP. Please dont let BT take them over because they are pretty reliable at the moment

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Easy 10 said:
Gambling AGAIN Mr Hut. Tutt tutt.
Its Ocean Finance for you before long.

Tried and tested investment, totally different situation my dear friend

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Beach Hut said:
Tried and tested investment, totally different situation my dear friend

I don't think so, Mr Hut. To think of all that finger-wagging you've done about gambling int he past only for you to come on here and promote dabbling in the stock market. Shame on you.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Stinky Kat said:
i got pipex as an ISP. Please dont let BT take them over because they are pretty reliable at the moment

We left Pipex last November because their customer service was dreadful and Tiscali was much cheaper.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Stinky Kat said:

i'd rather have BT than Sky or Carphone warehouse!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Easy money bets for today on bhabet (bet365.com):

Albion Winning Half Time Draw Full Time @ 14/1
Huddersfield Winning Half Time Draw Full Time @ 14/1
Guy Butters to score first and Brighton 1-0 @ 100/1
Bas Savage to score first and Brighton 1-0 @ 30/1

Luvvly Jubbly :thumbsup:

Bugs Hill

Jan 13, 2004
NMH said:
When stocks 'go big', hit the headlines, and 'the smart money' is on them to go up - guess what time it is! ???

Pipex Charts

From the Sunday Telegraph March 18th

'We first advised readers to look at pipex (13.5p), the UK's sixth largest broadband supplier, in May 2004 when the shares were changing hands at 9p.

Three years later, after several acquisitions and a cheeky advertising campaign fronted by Baywatch star David Hasselhoff, the value of our holding has increased by about 50 per cent.

But there could be further upside. pipex is for sale, with UBS managing the process. Analysts estimate a sale price of between 16p and 22p with BSkyB, BT, Carphone Warehouse, France Telecom and Tiscali all considered potential buyers.

Aside from cheap calls and broadband, pipex has a licence to run a national wireless broadband network. The joint venture with Intel is still at trial stage but is likely to interest BT, which is trying to reclaim a piece of the mobile telephony market.

A deal could be weeks away. There is speculation that talks are in advanced stages with one bidder and UBS has come on board to flush out rival offers.

Should the sale drag on, investment bank Bryan, Garnier & Co has set a target price of 25.7p. pipex has strong backing from analysts, and is continuing to benefit from the Hoff's pulling power.

But a sale is likely sooner or later - hold out for the deal.'

LONDON (AFX) - Virgin Media and BT have emerged as surprise frontrunners for broadband provider pipex Communications PLC, which put itself up for sale last week, reports the Telegraph, without citing sources.

1066gull

I am not putting any money on the stock market. Have you noticed we have been plummeting since China's worst day of trading a month ago?:shootself :shootself

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
DJ Leon said:
I don't think so, Mr Hut. To think of all that finger-wagging you've done about gambling int he past only for you to come on here and promote dabbling in the stock market. Shame on you.

No shame at all it is a calculated investment not some pathetic £2 on a nag or the spin of a wheel.

Requires intelligent research as well - how much research is needed at a poker table or roulette wheel ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Tom Hark said:

Guy Butters to score first and Brighton 1-0 @ 100/1
Bas Savage to score first and Brighton 1-0 @ 30/1

Not sure about those 2. Huddersfield have conceeded the 3rd most away goals in the division; 32

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Cairn Energy, a tried and trusted SCOTTISH oil exploration company are a good medium term tip. Shared have been as high as 25 quid recently but are now languishing around 15-16. They've got a shitload of oil in India due to come onstream in the next two years and stand a very good chance of being bought up by a mega-oil company before then. Oh, and if you buy shares before I think the 29th of this month, you get a three quid dividend paid out the following week. If I read the bumf correctly.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
pasty said:
Not sure about those 2. Huddersfield have conceeded the 3rd most away goals in the division; 32

Possibly. But we don't exactly set the Goals For column alight. And Butters is long overdue one. He came up for corners at least a dozen times last game. Not that the ball ever came anywhere near him..

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Beach Hut said:
No shame at all it is a calculated investment not some pathetic £2 on a nag or the spin of a wheel.

Requires intelligent research as well - how much research is needed at a poker table or roulette wheel ?

There may be more skill in playing the stock market than say the roulette wheel or even poker, but what's an indisputable FACT is that it's a gamble. And you saying it isn't is no different from a poker player saying that it's a game of skill in which they don't truly gamble.

If it's such a sure thing, put your house on it. After all you can't lose. And out of interest why haven't you made more of these 'calculated investments' and made millions? Why doesn't everyone?

I wish you the best, but please just admit that you can't get all high and mighty about gambling when you're advocating doing it here.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
DJ Leon said:
There may be more skill in playing the stock market than say the roulette wheel or even poker, but what's an indisputable FACT is that it's a gamble. And you saying it isn't is no different from a poker player saying that it's a game of skill in which they don't truly gamble.

If it's such a sure thing, put your house on it. After all you can't lose. And out of interest why haven't you made more of these 'calculated investments' and made millions? Why doesn't everyone?

I wish you the best, but please just admit that you can't get all high and mighty about gambling when you're advocating doing it here.

Very surprised to see you picking someone up on something they have said DJ Leon:ohmy:

Still I do agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here