Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BMX racing

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
Does anyone remember BMX racing? A group of demented kids rush-tearing about around a specially designed course, consisting of jumps such as table tops, and ramps.

I mate of mine was pretty good at it at one point in the 80's and has even got trophies for it and stuff.

Of course, nowadays he couldn't even find a bike that would withstand his bulk, let alone take part in a race. :down:

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Stinkers Bridge said:

I mate of mine was pretty good at it at one point in the 80's and has even got trophies for it and stuff.

You shouldnt have!

2 dozen pukka pies, a can of top deck and a kiss on the winkle for you next time I see you.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
or this classic

112864_60613_2.jpg

MOWTCHOPS

Banned
Feb 17, 2007
Stinkers Bridge said:
Does anyone remember BMX racing? A group of demented kids rush-tearing about around a specially designed course, consisting of jumps such as table tops, and ramps.

Of course, nowadays he couldn't even find a bike that would withstand his bulk, let alone take part in a race. :down:

I beat Andy Ruffel once, it was on the BBC BMX show as well ..

I used to race for Redline cycles all over the country in the youths category !!

:BMXRules:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yeah i used to race to at the Burgess Hill track years ago.
Andy Ruffel opened it up must be over 20 years ago now !

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
Harry Leary, Stu Thomson, Racin' Jason Jensen, Tim March, Bob Haro to name but a few. Who was that other kiddy who was famous for doing the longest wheelie on record?

What about the BMX shop in the basement of the locksmith's in Queens Road? Bit of a Mecca for our lot back in the day.

I was out on my BMX today, looking for scrap cars in Eastbourne. I'm sure people look at me and think "look at that twat on a kids bike." I am 38. And a twat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here