Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's caused the downfall of this country?

What's the cause?

• Education

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • Drugs

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Rap music

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Teenagers

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Violence

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Blacks

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • Tony Blair

Votes: 46 25.8%
  • Single Mums

Votes: 19 10.7%
  • The Iraq War

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Would you care to define when it started to go down hill? You cant blame Blair, he is a symptom, not a cause. dont feed his ego in such a way.

Society has been decaying since the 60's as far as i can tell. The advent of the so called "comprehensive" education seems to be at the heart of this, but again im not sure if this is a cause or effect.

Also, missed off media. there is a perception of things being far worse than they are because we are constantly told how bad everything is.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I blame the changing of brand names. Opal Fruit, marathon, oil of ulay, smarties no longer being sold in tubes with lids with letters.

Crisps in the wrong colour packets - light blue is salt and vinegar, green is for cheese and onion.

That's when it all went wrong.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think in all seriousness the country started to go downhill during WW2. Absent fathers, lack of discipline, families broken apart etc

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Buzzer said:
I blame the changing of brand names. Opal Fruit, marathon, oil of ulay, smarties no longer being sold in tubes with lids with letters.

Crisps in the wrong colour packets - light blue is salt and vinegar, green is for cheese and onion.

That's when it all went wrong.

Damned right. What the f*** is a Snickers !:angry:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Things were so much better when we were an Imperial power. Why can't we start enslaving, killing, stealing and generally butt f***ing everyone again.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Politicians. End of.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Big Jim said:
I thought we still do that? ???

No, we are sucking the dick of a new imperial power while they go around doing that. Unfortunately they are not as good as we were at it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Things were so much better when we were an Imperial power. Why can't we start enslaving, killing, stealing and generally butt f***ing everyone again.

I think you're right there les, chuck in a bit of starvation, child labour and opium dens and we'll get back on the right track.

This country has been going downhill ever since :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
WATFORD zero said:
I think you're right there les, chuck in a bit of starvation, child labour and opium dens and we'll get back on the right track.

This country has been going downhill ever since :rolleyes:

It does make me laugh. Because of course things were so much better in the 40's and 50's, I mean we had war and poverty but there was no crime on our streets you see, all the gangsters made sure of. They only hurt their own. And anyone who got in their way. Never hurt women though. Unless they were married to them and they got in their way.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Les Biehn said:
No, we are sucking the dick of a new imperial power while they go around doing that. Unfortunately they are not as good as we were at it.

Yeah, good point. Although the thought of Blair Sucking Bush ain't too pleasant. Although I do wonder whether if it would be a sexual relationship?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Big Jim said:
Yeah, good point. Although the thought of Blair Sucking Bush ain't too pleasant. Although I do wonder whether if it would be a sexual relationship?

It kind of like rape from Bushes point of view in that its all about the power, while for Blair it is a transaction. So you are right, no sex.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Surely political correctness has been the downfall of this country?! It's an absolute disgrace that an Englishman can't rape, pillage and sneer his way around the world anymore. We bloody built the modern world you ungrateful savages, the least you could do is acquiesce to a bit of subjugation. Bastards.

And teenagers. They're definintely a pestilence that needs dealing with. Perhaps we could kill all teenagers at birth? That way we wouldn't have to worry about young people lacking in respect.

I'm also not entirely sure that giving the vote to women, gays and common people was a good idea. Just look what's happened since then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here