Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Dome concert

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So much better venue than the Centre and most of my best memories are of concerts in the Dome rather than the Brighton Centre

Wishbone Ash
Manfred Mann's Earthband
Elton John solo, apart from the mad gay drummer who's name escapes me - fantastic :blush:
Dire Staits 1st tour
Robin Trower

Jackson Browne, one of my favourite musicians except it was marred by the fact that his voice is now a bit shot

Last edited:

I think the mad gay drummer to whom you refer is Ray Cooper.

My best gigs at the Dome:-

Rowan Atkinson early 80's when he still did live comedy. Trouser soilingly funny - can anyone recall who had with him on stage (there were two other guys who appeared in some of the sketches).

Van Morrison 1994 or thereabouts - Van is the Man.

Big Country - the day that England lost to Argentina in the '86 World Cup due to the "Hand of God"! Mark Brzezicki has to be about the best drummer I have ever seen/heard live.

Agree that it has more class than the Centre.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
TrevorT said:
I think the mad gay drummer to whom you refer is Ray Cooper.

That's the one, absolute class

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Oh just remembered another, doubt any of the rest of you will though :) The support band for Man who were absolute shite, A band called O who never made it but impressed me muchly.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Jethro Tull.
Man.
Genesis.
America.
Family.
Jeff Beck.
Four Tops.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Manfred Mann's Earthband
Van the man
to my great shock Don McLean
Judie Tzuke (again a shock)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Human League

King Crimson - brilliant! Psychedelic heaven, great light-show done by their lyricist, a feast for my new-to-shows eyes and ears.

The Pink Floyd - debuting their latest LP, for the first time ever in front of an audience (oh it was only Dark Side Of The Moon). I snagged a pair of battered drumsticks from the edge of the stage at the end, the went outside and chatted with the members of the band. Gilmour was lying on the ground trying to fix something on his MGB!

Led Zeppelin - we ran them out of songs, they ended up playing 'Jingle Bells' in an encore! Long gig, and IV was only just issued, so they were showcasing all that album.

Rory Gallagher - always a hot night, he worked hard playing that battered Strat, sweat dripping like a waterfall.
When I met him and mentioned coming from Brighton he said he always enjoyed playing here.

Dr John - wasn't expecting anything and all I knew was one tune that Humble Pie covered. It was a Creole cornucopiae of hoodoos and voodoo rhythms that was like blues gospel service! Amazing.

Wishbone Ash - of the people for the people. It was like a bunch of mates up there just having a good time rocking . A fun band and Britains 'Lynrd Skynrd'.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Hazel O'Connor

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
TrevorT said:
Rowan Atkinson early 80's when he still did live comedy. Trouser soilingly funny - can anyone recall who had with him on stage (there were two other guys who appeared in some of the sketches).
It's possible that would be Angus Deayton and/or Richard Curtis.

For me, the best gig was Brian Wilson. He was a mannequin, but the sound his band chucked out was awesomely good.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Best Police 79 follwed by Smiths 84. Frank Isaw that Bahaus concert but only really liked Bela - never a goth either

worst _ UFO 1980, f***ing awful went with college mates who said they were good, bever spoken to the barstards since

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Junior Walker (R I P )
The Motown legend was nearly 60 when I saw him at the Dome in 1990, but he had the energy of someone half that age.
The place erupted into a dancing frenzy as he and the All Stars belted out the great Motown Sound.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here