Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO - The REMF Team...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I have received a letter thanking me for my nomination and the it states that REMF have been shortlisted for Charity of the Year. :clap2:

I have also been invited to attend with a guest! Do they think I am part of the charity or do they invite random members of the public!? Obviously, I will decline the invitation if they wrongly assume I am part of the REMF structure.

Well done to the REMF team. :clap:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Eatons, Gareth, Tony, Ed, Ros are the main team....

Well done for getting the fund nominated.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dave the Gaffer said:
The Eatons, Gareth, Tony, Ed, Ros are the main team....

Well done for getting the fund nominated.

Can't take any credit for getting them nominated. The credit lies with the REMF gang and their sterling work.

If one of them could clarify the invite situation, I would be most grateful. I will, of course, turn down the kind offer if they think I am in some way involved in the REMF.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
BOF please PM me.

It is true The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund has been shortlisted for charity of the year. I am working on who is attending at the moment. I have spoken to the Eatons and they are delighted. I want them to accept the award if we win. The awards night is 12/4/07 and the Argus are doing a supplement with all the nominees on 4/4/07.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Well done all involved in getting the REMF shortlisted :clap2:

Have we got a date set for this year's match as, if not, maybe it would be a good idea to finalise the details so that they could be included in the Argus article.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund has been shortlisted for charity of the year. There are 12 categories and 3 in each shortlist. The winner is decided from a panel of people from the Argus and EDF Energy for the Argus achievement awards.

This is a tremendous honour and to be nominated makes us winners. If we were to win the award I would love to see Doug and Laura Eaton take to the stage to accept the award.

I would like to thanks BOF for encouarging people to vote.

The event will be at the Metropole Hotel on Thursday 12th April. The Argus are producing a supplement on Wednesday 4th April with all the nominations. Nicholas Owen is hosting the event.

This is great timing and a great publicity boost to the fund prior to REMF which is due End April/Early May.

Further details will follow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here