Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Golf Day 2003

Just in case there's some important stuff on the old board, I've copied the posts from the past three weeks:-

Posted by: CPFC REMF winning captain on June 18 2003,09:56

1. PHILL SHELLEY
2. STEVE KING
3. NIGEL EDWARDS- PLAYS OF 19
4. JASON EDWARDS- PLAYS OF 17
5. GARETH GLOVER
6. GRAHAM FARTHING
7. DAVE THE GAFFER
8. TIM- DTG MATE
9. WAYNE (SOS)
10. TONY
11. CHRIS HIDE
12. STEVE- (SEAGULL IN KENT)
13. SULLYS MOUSTACHE
14. ZIG
15. COLIN KEMP
16. MARK KEMP
17. Seagull in KENTS BOSS

Up to date list, numbers looking good, shame only 14 my end.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: Seagull over Sevenoaks on June 18 2003,15:47

I've got money from me and Sully's Moustache. Please get cheques coming in so that I can give deposit money to Tony
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: dave the gaffer on June 19 2003,09:07

I will put a cheque in the post tonight! Sorry for the delay
Posted by: CPFC REMF winning captain on June 19 2003,12:51

Shite, bit worrying that only 3 people have paid Tony,
How many have we booked for so far.
Ive got 14. Hope to have all money 2gether my end by end of wk end.
Posted by: Woodingdean Gull on June 19 2003,13:02

Kev,
if the society that I run is anything to go by, people don't pay until the last minute. I'm sure the money will start rolling in and as long as we have final numbers a few days before the event, it will be ok.
Posted by: CPFC REMF winning captain on June 19 2003,13:35

Thats ok then.
The golf day 2morra is not to high standard is it, bought a new driver on sun & just slicing every shot at moment, driving range 2nite for me.
Posted by: Woodingdean Gull on June 19 2003,14:20

It doesn't matter what standard you are, these lads just enjoy their golf. We get anything from 1 handicap to mostly 28's. Normally we have about 24 playing, but for various reasons, tomorrow we only have 11, so you should be up for a trophy, (there's nine up for grabs).
See you there about 7.30.
Posted by: bhabloke on June 22 2003,18:21

I just wanted to confirm the date and amount required for the day. As I understand it its on 11th July at Hassocks GC. The price is £20 + £5 in for the REMF fund. Can someone confirm this and what is needed as a deposit etc and importantly where to send it. Is it possible to turn up on the day and pay?
I currently play of 18.
Many thanks,
Chris Hide Tel 07766657304
Posted by: Seagull over Sevenoaks on June 23 2003,08:35

Chris

We try to avoid people paying on the day as it makes it difficult for us to plan for who's actually going to turn up. If you can send the cheque payable to me at the address earlier in the thread, I'll then write out two cheques, one to Hassock GC and One to the REMF for the donations.

Thanks - see you on the 11th
Posted by: SeagullinKent on June 26 2003,10:13

Cheque sent, today, sorry for the delay

Steve
Posted by: CPFC REMF winning captain on June 30 2003,08:31

Wayne,

Steve King & Phill Shelly have pulled out due to work things.

Ill pay either 14 or 15 lots of £25 on the day, want all money sorted out early, wayne were gioing to have to sort out groups sometime this week or early next.
Posted by: Seagull over Sevenoaks on June 30 2003,11:40

I'm starting to get the money coming in now. Sorry I've not confirmed reciept with people - will do today.

I'll work out some groups from our end of things next week. I am actually not going to be able to play this year as I have a meeting I realy can't get out of. I'll sort out the money with Tony to cover the day and put my donation in as well..

sorry about that. I'll arrange to get the trophy there too..
Posted by: CPFC REMF winning captain on June 30 2003,11:45

Cheers for all your help then SOS, shame you cant make it, i think Tony should take your place as team captain as he organised lots of it.

Do you know how many definates you have yet, ill do our pairings on wed & handicapps then, well rough handicapps anyway.
Posted by: CPFC REMF winning captain on June 30 2003,11:55

Wayne or Tony I have 13 of you on my list now, can you confirm out of these who are definates & who has paid.

1. Nigel Edwards 19
2. Jason Edwards 17
3. Gareth Glover
4. Graham Farthing
5. Dave The Gaffer
6. Tim (DTG'S MATE)
7. Colin Kemp
8. Mark Kemp
9. Tony
10. Chris Hide
11. Steve (seagull in Kent)
12. Sullys Moustache
13. ZIG

Also real names would help & idea of handicapps.
Posted by: dave the gaffer on June 30 2003,12:00

I am sorry I havnt paid yet,

We will deff be there, have no fear
Posted by: CPFC REMF winning captain on July 01 2003,08:54

Am i right in thinking you have 14 players, these are:
1. Tony (woodington Gull)
2. Chris Hide
3. Dave The gaffer
4. Tim, (daves mate)
5. Nigel Edwards
6. Jason Edwards
7. Phillip Dormain (sullys moustache)
8. Zig
9. Colin Kemp
10. Mark Kemp
11. Steve (seagull in kent
12. John (seagull in kents mate)
13. Gareth Glover
14. Graham Farthing

Full names would also help me & handicapps.

Posted by: Sully's Moustache on July 01 2003,09:26

Really looking to Friday week - handicap 12 and name Phil Dorman.
Posted by: SeagullinKent on July 01 2003,09:37

Haven,t played for a year but was playing off a 28, although I do get called a bandit (whatever that means )

John also play's off a 28

AND IF ANYONE LAUGHS AT HOW I HOLD A CLUB (I'M CACK HANDED) I WILL PERSONALLY MAKE IT MY BUSINESS TO CRY
Posted by: CPFC REMF winning captain on July 01 2003,09:43

Thanks very much you 2, also remember we need raffle prizes or wooden spoon prizes so if you can donate a bottle of wine that would be great.

On the day there will be a team trophy & an indivudal trophy for the winner overall. May be some cash prizes if we put in on the day, see what the people think on the day & if we have time.

Steve can you Pm me your 2 surnames or put them here, many thanks.

Attachments

• 81.jpg
    81.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 38
  • 83.jpg
    83.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 84.jpg
    84.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 36

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Kev/Tony

I spoke to Douglas Eaton yesterday and he is happy to present the trophies at the end to the winners which I think would be apt.

I have contacted the Argus to see if they will cover the event and take some photos. Therefore could half a dozen Brighton & Palace players take their team colours on Friday to wear in the bar after the golf.

I have contacted BHAFC to see if any players could come along or even better to play.

Would it not be great if we had a team of 4 with 2 Brighton players playing 2 Palace players. What do you reckon Kev ?.

I have a bottle of champagne for the raffle but donation would be great. I have also written to Hassocks golf club to see if they will donate anything.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Everyone

I have had a call from the Argus this morning and they will be doing a piece in the Argus and hopefully sending a photographer along. Can as many people as possible be there by 10am with their Brighton & Palace shirts for a photo opportunity.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sully

I would think the club will not let us wear colours on the course but if everyone brings their shirts we can put them on for the photo's.

zig

Jul 8, 2003
golf day

Sorry for the delay with this - I've been without web access for a few days, but - I regret to say I'm not going to be able to make the game on Friday. My dad has just had surgery and I'm going to have to be in Hants to help him out for a week or so. Truly sorry to let everyone down - I wish all the NSC lads the best and thank the CP lads for their continued support.

zig.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
Ok zig.

As for photos, think it will make a better photo if we all wear smart golf stuff & then have a palace & brighton shirt held up at the front, what do you reckon.

As for numbers ill work everything out & post a draw & rough tee off 2morra.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
Still havent heard anything from wayne, dave do you know who has the shield.

Ill try wayne again 2day, cant believe he has peoples money, anyone know him well that can contact him.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
GOLF DAY ORDER OF PLAY

Please arrive at 10.00am what ever time your tee off as all money needs to be paid by then & photos need to be taken.

Maximum handicapp is 28 & if all 28 people turn up then there will be bonus points on offer for each group.

10.30- Duncan Rowan & Nick Jackson V Tony Langridge & Colin Kemp

10.38- Rodger Cartwright & Alan Clarke V Steve Wright & John Burgess

10.46- Jason Cook & Phil Cooper V Mark Kemp & Simon Fenton

10.54- Kevin Risby & Neil Cartwright V Dave The Gaffer & Tim

11.02- Sorn Unasing & Peter Richards V Phil Dormain & Chris Hide

11.10- Chris Chapman & Brian Kane V Nigel Edwards & Jason Edwards

11.18_ John Garratty & Matt Parkin V Gareth Glover & Graham Farthing

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
Rodgers 28 because mates dad i know he shoots 110+ & as for Alan he is some where between 18-22.

How many of you lot have actually paid Seagull over sevenoaks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here