Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton drowning under grafitti and tagging - is there anything we can do?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I was in Norwich yesterday and in the last few weeks I've been to Bristol, Leeds, Manchester, Dublin, Birmingham and several London boroughs. Those city centres don't have anything like the deluge of tags sprayed and scribbled over everything. It's got stupid in Brighton recently; for e.g. the top end of Trafalgar Street around the Prince Albert is a right mess (I'm not talking about big pieces done with the owners permission).

CityClean will only clean it off public buildings and so tags stay up on walls for ages attracting other taggers to make it even worse. I try and clean off or paint over what I can in the streets around me; does anyone else do that? Is there anything else we can do to stop these selfish ignorant tagging tw@ts defacing everything?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see it as part of city centres these days; I struggle to get worked up about it.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It's vandalism, pure and simple. Those found doing it should be forced to clean it off and do community service to clean off other graffiti. And more people need to report it ... and the police need to respond to such reports quickly so that they catch the idiots. And property owners should not encourage other idiots by permitting graffiti on their buildings. And well done oneillco for cleaning off or paining over what you see. If it disappears quickly then the idiots might just lose interest.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I was in Norwich yesterday and in the last few weeks I've been to Bristol, Leeds, Manchester, Dublin, Birmingham and several London boroughs. Those city centres don't have anything like the deluge of tags sprayed and scribbled over everything. It's got stupid in Brighton recently; for e.g. the top end of Trafalgar Street around the Prince Albert is a right mess (I'm not talking about big pieces done with the owners permission).

CityClean will only clean it off public buildings and so tags stay up on walls for ages attracting other taggers to make it even worse. I try and clean off or paint over what I can in the streets around me; does anyone else do that? Is there anything else we can do to stop these selfish ignorant tagging tw@ts defacing everything?

Probably need to call the spellcheck police :)

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Bring back the BIRCH

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Except when you Sandtex your garden wall and some moron writes ZIT or some other crap on it ?

Except no brighton fan should be buying Sandtex...!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

In fairness, when you’ve seen an Italian city I don’t think we’ve got a graffiti problem. Over there it’s on a different scale!

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
I was just thinking the same about Berlin. They even have organised street art tours there, with tourists paying for a guide to show them round and explain who the artist was and when it was painted. The main difference, though, is that some of it is actually really good...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here