Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Anyone have any views on Graham Potter(Swansea manager)

Seems to be building up quite the reputation as a coach who plays great football on a tight budget with the ability to bring through young players. The Swansea fans LOVE him.

It could almost be argued that he would be the perfect fit for a club like Brighton now that Ashworth has come in ......

IF Hughton decides he's had enough at the end of the season and we part on good terms would you consider this guy to be a good fit for the Albion?

PS interesting that a few people on twitter have been asking bookies for the price on him becoming next Albion boss.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Seems to be building up quite the reputation as a coach who plays great football on a tight budget with the ability to bring through young players. The Swansea fans LOVE him.

It could almost be argued that he would be the perfect fit for a club like Brighton now that Ashworth has come in ......

IF Hughton decides he's had enough at the end of the season and we part on good terms would you consider this guy to be a good fit for the Albion?

PS interesting that a few people on twitter have been asking bookies for the price on him becoming next Albion boss.

I don’t have much of an opinion as I know little about him but I do know Swansea have done quite well this season. However they are on the back of parachute payments and there is a world of difference between the style you can play in the Championship compared to the Premier League. Remember how good we looked in many games in the Championship?

I’d be hesitant about us appointing a manager whose only experience is in the Championship.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I don’t have much of an opinion as I know little about him but I do know Swansea have done quite well this season. However they are on the back of parachute payments and there is a world of difference between the style you can play in the Championship compared to the Premier League. Remember how good we looked in many games in the Championship?

I’d be hesitant about us appointing a manager whose only experience is in the Championship.

He was manager of Östersund in Sweden for 8 years, and took them from the fourth tier to the top division, won the cup and beat Arsenal at the Emirates in the Europa League last season, unlucky to go out in the 2nd leg.

Club could do much worse.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
10th in the Championship is not exactly a ringing endorsement
I believe the owners have run them into the ground and most staff are at the risk of redundancy.

Celtic and West Brom are said to be interested in Potter. The WBA link is especially interesting ( Ashworth)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
CH has shown no signs of having enough..re Potter he’s shown promise...can’t say anything else about him..i’d Quite like that pacey player James(?)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Yep I agree. He'd be a superb fit. genuinely forward thinking manager doing interesting things. Moreover, his football is easy on the eye.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yep I agree. He'd be a superb fit. genuinely forward thinking manager doing interesting things. Moreover, his football is easy on the eye.
He’ll become our next manager when Hughton is sacked at the end of the season. Can’t wait to see him build an attacking team and blood some of the youngsters.

I bet he grows a beard too.

:lolol:

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Potter is a bright, promising young manager who can think outside the box ...... however we already have a manager

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
CH has shown no signs of having enough..re Potter he’s shown promise...can’t say anything else about him..i’d Quite like that pacey player James(?)

Indeed. I hadn't noticed we had a managerial vacancy, either.

"If your missus died, would you like to shack up with that little bird behind the counter in Woolworths, or do you think she'd be decorative but a bit slapdash with the housework?"

Nobody would ask such a question. . . . .

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I’ve heard that Chris will be taking a step back and offered a position at the Club, and that Lee Johnson or David Wagner have been targeted to replace him - I’d take Wagner - performed miracles at Huddersfield and is best mates with Juergen Klopp

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Indeed. I hadn't noticed we had a managerial vacancy, either.

"If your missus died, would you like to shack up with that little bird behind the counter in Woolworths, or do you think she'd be decorative but a bit slapdash with the housework?"

Nobody would ask such a question. . . . .

It would be a given.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I’ve heard that Chris will be taking a step back and offered a position at the Club, and that Lee Johnson or David Wagner have been targeted to replace him - I’d take Wagner - performed miracles at Huddersfield and is best mates with Juergen Klopp

you mean Wagner the new Schalke manager?

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

That's the wonder of Woolworth.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
He was manager of Östersund in Sweden for 8 years, and took them from the fourth tier to the top division, won the cup and beat Arsenal at the Emirates in the Europa League last season, unlucky to go out in the 2nd leg.

Club could do much worse.

I thought Swansea had made a brilliant appointment when they brought in Potter. Unfortunately they proceeded to sell most of their best players in the Summer window. Despite that Swansea played some very attractive football and enjoyed a decent cup run.
I think Potter is exceptional. I'd be delighted if our owners made an offer the Swansea board couldn't turn down, but that isn't going to happen. If Shahid Khan was receiving good advice he'd forget about Parker and poach Potter. I predict Graham Potter will be an outstanding manager over the next few years.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here