Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leo Ulloa [IS BACK]

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Villa been sniffing for while. Personally I’d try and get him on loan til the end of the season if possible and see how he goes. I think he has a lot to offer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would take him back without hesitation on loan as he is a similar type of player to both Hemed and Murray but a vast upgrade on Hemed on all aspects of his play other than penalties, and as good as Murray.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not started for Leicester for ages and does not possess the pace that we ideally need up front. Doubt he would score more than Murray or Hemed. We should be looking for a better loan option

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not started for Leicester for ages and does not possess the pace that we ideally need up front. Doubt he would score more than Murray or Hemed. We should be looking for a better loan option
Tbh I doubt we will get better on loan

Worth a punt

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just how desperate are we that whilst looking for a pacy experienced striker people keep going back to suggesting a player who is exactly like two players we already have? We really do not need another Murray or Hemed, two is enough FFS

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Just how desperate are we that whilst looking for a pacy experienced striker people keep going back to suggesting a player who is exactly like two players we already have? We really do not need another Murray or Hemed, two is enough FFS

Totally agree, not an improvement on what we already have

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thought about this when he was made available.
Hemel in my view is an unlucky striker. Things don't quite go for him and although I think K he is technically better than Murray he need too many chances at this level.
Murray has guile. Ring craft if you like. He gets in the right places but like Hemel he doesn't have the pace to really trouble Pl defences consistently.
Ulloa in my view is Murray MkII. Maybe marginally better in the air but without the same experience and he has a horrible first touch on the ground and has no more pace than either Hemel or Murray.
I'm struggling to think that we really need both Murray and Hemed if we can sign someone with pace but I guess it's just about okay if we assume there'll be injuries etc. Signing Ulloa as a third similar player is impossible to justify IMO and if we were looking for someone to replace either I'd suggest we would be looking for a wider set of attributes than those possessed by Leo.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Thought about this when he was made available.
Hemel in my view is an unlucky striker. Things don't quite go for him and although I think K he is technically better than Murray he need too many chances at this level.
Murray has guile. Ring craft if you like. He gets in the right places but like Hemel he doesn't have the pace to really trouble Pl defences consistently.
Ulloa in my view is Murray MkII. Maybe marginally better in the air but without the same experience and he has a horrible first touch on the ground and has no more pace than either Hemel or Murray.
I'm struggling to think that we really need both Murray and Hemed if we can sign someone with pace but I guess it's just about okay if we assume there'll be injuries etc. Signing Ulloa as a third similar player is impossible to justify IMO and if we were looking for someone to replace either I'd suggest we would be looking for a wider set of attributes than those possessed by Leo.

Are the sensible thoughts of most of us. Sadly that doesn't stop the endless "Bring back Ulloa" threads/posts, when anyone who has watched us this season can see he patently is not what we need this window.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I recon that with a bath of saline, half a pint of intravenous fetal calf serum, a bottle of stout and 240 volts we could have Bobby Zamora resurrected, and fully fit before noon tomorrow. Worth a punt. FACT.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Actually, i think Ulloa does have a part to play in our season. If he goes to Aston Villa, then maybe we get their young striker, we are looking at ,under 21 and would certainly boost our striker options.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here