Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] BA

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I've flown Premium Economy to/from Hong Kong and yes the extra leg room and bit more space made a lot of difference. It's obviously not a patch on business class, but I definitely felt more human getting off the plane that I ever did flying Economy.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Depends on how much you value the difference. Would I pay 25% more, probably. Would that money be better used for a nicer hotel or dinner(s) ? Maybe.

It massively varies on the plane too

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What they now call 'premium' economy was simply called economy 10-15 years ago :nono:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Anybody flown premium economy, is it worth it for long haul.....thanks

where are you flying to ? as earlier poster said depends on aircraft . BA Boeing 777 currently going through a refit so some better than others .if its the new dreamliner or airbus 380 then again its fine .You may find some older 777 or 747 not quite as good but still a lot better than economy .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Anybody flown premium economy, is it worth it for long haul.....thanks

Strangely, I'm just about to try Premium Economy for the first time, but on Virgin, from Heathrow to JFK, weighing up the two options though, l thought Virgin's offering looked far superior to that of BA.

If you can afford the upgrade though, I think that few additional inches of legroom, plus the dedicated check in, enhanced meal service, and general well being, well worth the extra expense for a long haul flight.

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
where are you flying to ? as earlier poster said depends on aircraft . BA Boeing 777 currently going through a refit so some better than others .if its the new dreamliner or airbus 380 then again its fine .You may find some older 777 or 747 not quite as good but still a lot better than economy .

Mumbai

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I've noticed some airlines will offer it at check in (presumably as they still have a lot of empty PE seats) at a substantial discount over advertised price. I did it with JAL flying to Tokyo, and it was about half what my friends had paid in advance - and it was definitely worth it.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
BA....Anybody flown premium economy, is it worth it for long haul.....thanks

ba baracus.jpg

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Always flown Virgin premium economy long haul on holidays.Find it well worth the extra.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This sums it up well for me - does depends on the plane a bit. The new 787s are fantastic, but of you get one of the old 777s they are desperately tired - even the club cabin is crap. I wouldn't fly economy long-haul any more, but don't mind PE if I can't get club. Much more comfortable than economy, cabin is much smaller and quieter than economy too. Think you also get premium check-in possibly ? All depends on the premium you're asked to pay - in my experience on BA PE tends to be about 50% more than Economy, whereas Club can be anything from 4-5x Economy cost upwards. PE is pretty good value on that basis.

When booking you should be able to get the type of plane before you confirm - also worth putting the precise flight into seatguru too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here