Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff v Newcastle - what do you WANT ?

What would you PREFER ?

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Simple enough. We only have to match Newcastle's result at Cardiff to be Champions. But what do you WANT ?

Do you want a Cardiff WIN, so that Saturdays match kicks off as a dead rubber, with Bristol giving us the guard of honour onto the pitch, job done before a ball is kicked ? How about a DRAW, so that all we have to do is avoid defeat against Bristol to raise that trophy to the heaving THRONGS in the stands. Or a Newcastle WIN, meaning we also have to go out and WIN, or else wait another 8 days to try to seal it at Villa ?

I'm going option 3. I trust this team to finish the job, and would prefer to arrive at the Amex with a certain FRISSION of excitement to see us do just that. To win that game, and hoist that famous old trophy aloft for the first time in our entire history having gone and won a MEANINGFUL game to achieve it, would be truly epic. That's how I want to celebrate. That does leave the door slightly ajar for a bit of a fvck-up, but hey. Lets trust them.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I have this fear that Cardiff win, we run out as Champions only to get beaten by Brizzie. We rather shamefacedly pick up the trophy but at least there will probably not be a pitch invasion!
If Cardiff win tomorrow I do not expect us to win another game. That’s what happened last time.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have this fear that Cardiff win, we run out as Champions only to get beaten by Brizzie. We rather shamefacedly pick up the trophy but at least there will probably not be a pitch invasion!
If Cardiff win tomorrow I do not expect us to win another game. That’s what happened last time.

''shamefacedly'' - Do you really feel that, that would be the word to use after 45 games of blood sweat and tears to pick up the trophy. Not for me it wouldn't.

This season has been shear class by those lads. We have swept teams aside in a matter of 20 mins in matches. We have ground results out by holding on to leads. We have basted teams away. We have come from behind to snatch matches. We have one or two that we maybe shouldn't have won but we did and we have not turned up for a couple of them and let ourselves down. And most importantly we have been the best team in the league.

If we pick up the title there will be no shamed face on my part, or the managers or the players or the chairman or the kitmen or the cleaners tea ladies, stewards or any of the admin staff at the club. When we pick up the Trophy we have won it over a nine month period of all of the above giving everything. We have been the best Championship side of 2016/17 season and not one person in the world could ever suggest we should be ''shamefaced''

And that's not even mentioning what the fans have put into it over the same period

Last edited:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Don't look gift horse in the mouth. If someone can help you, then let them do it. Fair chance City will have nothing to play for either, so we could have an attractive open game like a pre season friendly. But you bet both sides would take it seriously.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Cardiff win, may result in our last two games just petering out but objective achieved.
Though if I were a player I would love to get my hands on a winners medal for the display cabinet at home.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
A win for the Welsh then tomorrow's game that much more exciting. Let's face it- we are going up anyway!

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
The best thing hat could happen is Newcastle win, and then we beat Bristol City 4-3 scoring a 96th minute winner.

But I hope Cardiff get a draw, so all our hearts are a bit healthier tomorrow.

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
A win for Cardiff tonight would take the pressure off our guys and we'd get an even better win against Brizzle tomorrow!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I've waited 47 seasons to see us win the Football League. How we get there I don't care, just so long as we do it.
If Cardiff win then the tickertape reception at 525 will be extra special. We can then relax, as fans and players, and hopefully express ourselves to victory and the trophy.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Placed a £50 Joey Barton on Brighton Champions at 12/5. The earlier that comes in the better. Besides that a Cardiff win tonight would provide a setting for a goal fest tomorrow.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Placed a £50 Joey Barton on Brighton Champions at 12/5. The earlier that comes in the better. Besides that a Cardiff win tonight would provide a setting for a goal fest tomorrow.
Good point.

The earlier I get my champions winnings from the bookie the better :rock:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'd like to win it on our own terms even if that adds an element of risk so a Newcastle win tonight followed by a comfortable 2-0 win over Drizzle City tomorrow and a huge party. :thumbsup:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Newcastle win. I want them to reach 94 points and STILL finish second to us.

And that way Akpom's 93rd minute winner tomorrow will always be the goal that clinched our Championship.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here