Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon gets thumbs up [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Calderon gets thumbs up[/h]5:00am Wednesday 27th November 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2749306.jpg
Inigo Calderon is expected to play right-back at Bournemouth on Saturday
Albion*head coach Oscar Garcia has no fears about being forced into a defensive change at Bournemouth.
Inigo Calderon, pictured right, replaces the suspended Bruno at right-back for Saturday’s South Coast collision.
It will be Calderon’s first start since the Seagulls’ last defeat at home to Nottingham Forest in early October.
Oscar told The Argus: “Calde is one of these players that it’s hard for me to not let him play more games.
“He trains excellently. He does everything okay. I am relaxed because we have players on the bench who can also play in all the games.”
Bruno has helped Albion to a five-match unbeaten run, including three clean sheets.
He misses out on the clash against the Cherries after collecting his fifth caution of the season in last Saturday’s 1-0 win at Wigan.
Calderon goes into the Bournemouth game on a disciplinary tightrope himself, a booking away from also suffering an automatic one-match ban.
The 12.15 kick-off for live coverage on Sky gives ninth-placed Albion an opportunity to climb into a Championship play-off spot for a few hours or possibly longer.
Nottingham Forest and Reading, two of the teams above them, meet at the City Ground on Friday night and Derby in seventh are not in action until Sunday at Wigan.
Oscar said: “I’m happy with the progress of my players and as a team. We will try to keep the momentum going. This is the philosophy. The mentality must be not to think in the long-term. We have to think short-term about how we can win at Bournemouth.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here