Bitchin' in Hitchin
clueless.JPG

One word.

Clueless.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Looks about right.

I'd be somewhat okay with this if it were away....to Spurs, or Man City.

But we're at home, against a side we beat away. It's inexcusable, the fact the players will not challenge Newcastle for the ball and sat so deep is not through coincidence; that's a tactical decision. One that has not changed since going down a goal.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I don't know how any manager would get these players to play...at the lowest level they are being paid to do a job, they aren't even doing that...Championship players at best...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Why not wait until the game is finished?
What difference would it make?

Whether we stay up or go down, whether we win, lose or draw today, he needs to go in the Summer.

Has the recruitment been a factor in this shite? Yes, of course. Have his appallingly negative tactics (seven and a half games, and counting, without a goal) been a factor? Yes, of course.

The squad and club need a kick up the arse if we are to either progress in this division or have a chance at bouncing straight back - CH has been fantastic for us, but has given absolutely no indication recently that he is the man to provide it.

I hope he's allowed to walk away with dignity, because he deserves that, but time to go by one means or another.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'd be somewhat okay with this if it were away....to Spurs, or Man City.

But we're at home, against a side we beat away. It's inexcusable, the fact the players will not challenge Newcastle for the ball and sat so deep is not through coincidence; that's a tactical decision. One that has not changed since going down a goal.

You'd be okay with this away? 1-0 down and doing nothing? Sorry I cannot agree with you.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
To be honest can you say its CH orders ? or what looks more likely that the players have 'frozen' under the pressure.

I am not defending CH , just saying it looks more like apathy from the players as they are not even really trying to defend let alone attack. White flags all round as the players just are not up to the job.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
To be honest can you say its CH orders ? or what looks more likely that the players have 'frozen' under the pressure.

I am not defending CH , just saying it looks more like apathy from the players as they are not even really trying to defend let alone attack. White flags all round as the players just are not up to the job.

CHs job is to motivate and get the players playing accordingly.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The radio commentary is damning us and rightly so. I’m embarrassed of this team, more than any other in my 40 years supporting. At least in 97/98 we had an excuse ie no money. This lot should donate their pay to Bolton’s. Hughton and about 2/3rds of this team need to be canned. There are no words for how bad we are.

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
People who support Hughton at this point are basically just doing it to make themselves feel smart. They probably think they "see the bigger picture" and aren't reactionaries who ask for manager's head because of a little rough patch.

Nobody is expecting Brighton to be fighting for the Title, but it's clear from how Brighton has played this season that Chris Hughton has set this team up to have 0 confidence and basically play to not lose. There's no attempt to win, It's been damage control all season. You'll never succeed with that mentality.

I've made this analogy before, but Chris Hughton's tactics are basically North Korea in the 2010 World cup.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Hang on he got us promoted 2 years ago so is immune to criticism and should be manager forevermore....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here