Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex question: atmosphere

albionsarah

Feb 2, 2009
oxfordshire
Hello wise NSCers, I'm finally taking my little girl to her first Seagulls game in October or November.

My question is, which parts of the stadium tend to be the loudest? She won't be too fussed about the view, it's more about the singing and shouting!

Thanks for any input.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If she wants to lead the singing she should probably be in the back of the North.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Does she want singing, or to be shielded from the singing?
If so she can come and sit with me and the retirement home brigade in the WSL, apart from the curly haired kid who makes a lot of effort it's like a library at best.
The North west corner seems to be the liveliest, that crowd who stand underneath the box where the NW meets the N.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
In the family stand (northern end of the East) the crowd itself isn't loud but you do get to hear the North quite well, and get the full blast of the West on the occasions that stand is in good voice. Plus there are plenty of other youngsters around and there's a policy of no swearing, which everyone seems happy to adhere to. But we get to giggle at the naughty language from elsewhere in the ground.

albionsarah

Feb 2, 2009
oxfordshire
Does she want singing, or to be shielded from the singing?
If so she can come and sit with me and the retirement home brigade in the WSL, apart from the curly haired kid who makes a lot of effort it's like a library at best.
The North west corner seems to be the liveliest, that crowd who stand underneath the box where the NW meets the N.

Haha thanks, no she definitely wants singing!

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
There may be a difference between where you'd like to sit & where there are tickets available.
Have you checked the club website for availability for your game?

albionsarah

Feb 2, 2009
oxfordshire
In the family stand (northern end of the East) the crowd itself isn't loud but you do get to hear the North quite well, and get the full blast of the West on the occasions that stand is in good voice. Plus there are plenty of other youngsters around and there's a policy of no swearing, which everyone seems happy to adhere to. But we get to giggle at the naughty language from elsewhere in the ground.

Oh okay, thanks. That might be an option too. She's been to one game but it was on holiday and any swearing would've been in Spanish/Catalan!

albionsarah

Feb 2, 2009
oxfordshire
There may be a difference between where you'd like to sit & where there are tickets available.
Have you checked the club website for availability for your game?

Good point, no we haven't checked. I won't get my heart set on a stand then, but at least I have an idea for when I phone up now.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
There is a correlation between loud singing and people who stand up the whole game. If you're in the middle of the North Stand, you'll get a lot of noise, but your daughter may not be able to see - you need to choose carefully if you're in the North Stand - safer at the edges. I can recommend the Family Stand - close to North Stand noise, no-one standing up, no-one will be surprised if you don't know the words!

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Cheers, no I won't be whining! She's not four yet so I'm hoping she won't understand/remember any naughty words.

Many kids of that age have more sensitive hearing, to the point where very loud noises can really hurt. You might want to consider starting off somewhere a little quieter than the North, and if she's okay with the quieter areas then going to the louder ones next time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here