Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Stand Cladding (again)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
[MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION] posted this pic on Ask The Club, and Insider reiterated that the gaps, circled, will not be clad.

Holes.jpg

I'm not sure whether this has been explained already, but are the club's expansion plans going to include clipping on an extra tier in the South West corner? Because I'd always thought the East was the only stand having an upper tier added. If not, why is this great big chunk being left unfinished?!...

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Hate to say it but it really will loook SHITHOUSE with those big gaps :(

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's an accent feature. It matches the arches, and carries a theme throughout the stadium. I like it.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
That isn't what insider said (as I interpreted the question and answer).

[MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION] started his question 'do you know if...'

[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] answered 'no'

From that, I would presume insider does not know whether the gaps will be filled.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
We have spent so much money on this stadium, which such extraordinary lengths gone to to ensure every last detail is considered, and teh best solution drawn up, that there is NO WAY they have just decided to order x amount of cladding and if it's not enough, oh well.

There simply MUST be a plan for these areas that we are yet to be told about. There is no way we are leaving it looking like that for long, if at all. Wouldn't be at all surprised if there are some sort of fancy advertising or murals filling those spaces by the time we play a game there.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
If it was at any other stadium at this level we wouldn't bat an eyelid. But as so many details at the Amex are spot on, and of the highest spec, it's really jarring to see those gaps. I keep hoping there's a grand plan to make those areas look brilliant but I'm doubtful at this late stage.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It does not looked finished because it is not finished. Not yet anyway. It will not look finished until the full capacity has been achieved and this may be in a years time or.......never. My guess it will looked finished by 2014

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
We have spent so much money on this stadium, which such extraordinary lengths gone to to ensure every last detail is considered, and teh best solution drawn up, that there is NO WAY they have just decided to order x amount of cladding and if it's not enough, oh well.

There simply MUST be a plan for these areas that we are yet to be told about. There is no way we are leaving it looking like that for long, if at all. Wouldn't be at all surprised if there are some sort of fancy advertising or murals filling those spaces by the time we play a game there.

Absolutely. There is surely no way that everybody high up at the Albion has looked at any aspect of the stadium and thought "Meh, that'll do". Something HAS to happen, I'm sure. The fact that they're so quiet about it means it's probably something they want to keep as a surprise - no idea what though...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That bit in the corner looks like some dodgy warehouse. I reckon it's where they are going to put the "proper naughty" fans from home and away and just let them get on with it. Kind of football hooligans do cage fighting. I could be wrong though.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
That isn't what insider said (as I interpreted the question and answer).

[MENTION=17389]DarrenFreemansPerm[/MENTION] started his question 'do you know if...'

[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] answered 'no'

From that, I would presume insider does not know whether the gaps will be filled.

Interesting, because I read it as 'No, the gaps will not be clad.' Hope you're right, strings.
If they are to be left empty, I was just wondering what the reason would be and whether the stadium would be extended in that south-east corner.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
[MENTION=1668]eastlondonseagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] - I must admit I only read the question that this thread relates to, so it will be interesting to see what happens...

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
On my recent tour i asked Derek Chapman about these two areas, his response was that they will be corporate boxes.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
On my recent tour i asked Derek Chapman about these two areas, his response was that they will be corporate boxes.

I hope so. This might explain Mr. Camilin's reluctance to explain away those gaping holes.

Maybe there will be a combined planning application going in for new corporate boxes in that corner, a second tier on the East, and filling in the corners.

Here's hoping...otherwise left as is, it really will look mightily crap.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Corporate boxes eh. Hope so, that'd look good.
I can't see that they'd need to submit another planning application for that though. Its not going to materially affect anything externally is it.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I hope so. This might explain Mr. Camilin's reluctance to explain away those gaping holes.

Maybe there will be a combined planning application going in for new corporate boxes in that corner, a second tier on the East, and filling in the corners.

Here's hoping...otherwise left as is, it really will look mightily crap.

Does kinda make sense - could see something like this going in there maybe:

a%3E

Which I admit looks crap in that picture, but in person I remember thinking it lent a San-Siro esque feel to that corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here