Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amazing insight from sky pundit charlie nicholas on who we should sign upfront

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Can you guess who?

"Perhaps Ashley Barnes could be a shout, but would he leave Burnley for Brighton, probably not " :ffsparr:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’d bloody love it. Make this place buzz too

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Now, to be fair, when Barnes played for us it was outside of the Premier League. Therefore, there's really no reason why someone like Charlie Nicholas would be aware of it. He, of all the pundits, strikes me as the most ignorant of football outside of the Premier League. He shows almost no interest whatsoever. In my opinion, he's a lucky man to be on the panel still. What's he offering? What's he bringing to the party?

Time for some fresh faces on the panel, and to rotate people in and out would be good too. I like the camaraderie of the gents, but it's become quite stale. I don't know why they don't drop a Gary Neville in there from time to time, or a Martin Tyler. A different voice and perspective.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Can't help think people have missed my point. I suspect Charlie has had a senior moment and totally overlooked that Barnes DID play for us before moving to Burnley. I imagine that he also doesn't know the circumstances of the move.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Can you guess who?

"Perhaps Ashley Barnes could be a shout, but would he leave Burnley for Brighton, probably not " :ffsparr:

Amazing insight from sky pundit charlie nicholas on who we should sign upfront. Charlie Nicholas? Did his brother Tony play up front for us in the 60s?

theboybilly

Now, to be fair, when Barnes played for us it was outside of the Premier League. Therefore, there's really no reason why someone like Charlie Nicholas would be aware of it. He, of all the pundits, strikes me as the most ignorant of football outside of the Premier League. He shows almost no interest whatsoever. In my opinion, he's a lucky man to be on the panel still. What's he offering? What's he bringing to the party?

Time for some fresh faces on the panel, and to rotate people in and out would be good too. I like the camaraderie of the gents, but it's become quite stale. I don't know why they don't drop a Gary Neville in there from time to time, or a Martin Tyler. A different voice and perspective.

Be careful what you wish for or you could end up with Clinton Morrison (he only seems to get the gig when there's no PL games) or that faux-Cockney bird who runs Chelsea Ladies.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Ashley Barnes? He wouldn’t leave the bright candles of Burnley for Brighton.

Behave.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
When I were a lad, Charlie Nicholas was outstanding at Celtic (seen as kenny dalglish’s heir for Scotland) should have joined Liverpool or Man Utd. Instead chose London for the bright lights and had at best had an ok career, such unfulfilled potential

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
When I were a lad, Charlie Nicholas was outstanding at Celtic (seen as kenny dalglish’s heir for Scotland) should have joined Liverpool or Man Utd. Instead chose London for the bright lights and had at best had an ok career, such unfulfilled potential

He played in Scotland when 4 teams competed too, not like today's one horse race!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Maybe even a Chris Hughton since he really needs some time off before he gets back in the game as a manager in League Two. :)
Now wait. Chris would gently say "It's not time to be defencive about this, you're not playing a top 6 side."

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Ashley Barnes? He wouldn’t leave the bright candles of Burnley for Brighton.

Behave.

And Footballers never go back, just ask Ian Rush, Didier Drogba, Thierry Henry, Paul Pogba, Robbie Fowler, Wilf Zaha and some big lump at Brighton.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My Mrs who’s a Scott used to adore Champagne Charlie was a good player in his day. Back to Barnes unlikely to return and definitely wouldn’t be a Harry Potter type player. (If he is our manager)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here