Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion boss Oscar impressed by Villarreal in Amex defeat [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Albion boss Oscar impressed by Villarreal in Amex defeat[/h]8:00am Sunday 28th July 2013 in Sport By Andy Naylor
2561485.jpg
Ashley Barnes on the ball for Albion
* Albion head coach Oscar Garcia says Villarreal's extra quality took its toll in last night's 3-1 defeat at The Amex.

* Ashley Barnes slotted the Seagulls into a second minute lead but the Spanish visitors, promoted back to La Liga and former Champions League semi-finalists, ran out worthy winners.

* Oscar, reflecting on Albion's first pre-season defeat in his first home game in charge, said: "The opening was so good for us. I think we played really well for the first 30 minutes but after that their higher quality made the difference.

* "Every game and every training session I learn something about my players. They know how I want to play. It will take time but I think we are going the right way about it."

* Albion conceded Villarreal's second and third goals in the final quarter of the contest, after Oscar made several changes.

* He said: "We don't have all the squad at this moment and we needed to make substitutions. I want most of the players to play these kind of games and other players I want to rest, because in seven days we start the league.

* "It's pre-season. I wasn't 100 per cent happy when we won against Getafe and Sporting Gijon and I am not 100 per cent disappointed. I have my way, I know what we need.

* "We need some things to improve, to grow the team, and we will work on it."

* Right-back Bruno played the opening hour after missing most of the friendly programme so far with a calf injury.

* Oscar said: "It's been a difficult pre-season for him. He's had many problems but he finished the game feeling good and that is important for us."

* Swansea's Dutch midfielder Kemy Agustien watched the match after undergoing a medical. He is joining the Seagulls on a two-year contract but Oscar was reluctant to talk about the capture of the 26-year-old.

* He said: "I will speak about him when he has signed, not before."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here