Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lara runs Thursday.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Hi Guys.

Lara runs Thursday night open race over 695m at Hove last race. Hope you can be there to watch her first run over the extended trip.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Hi Guys.

Lara runs Thursday night open race over 695m at Hove last race. Hope you can be there to watch her first run over the extended trip.

Could be worth going heavy?

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Hans, I have been told the 1 dog is pretty hot got to final of a big puppy race in Ireland and wasn't beaten far, but who knows if it stays? but pretty sure it will lead, at least we know Lara be doing all her best work at the end, the other thing that worrys me is it's the last race on the card and she has got a long wait to run. I think heavy is a risk but I will be having a half decent bet coz I think there maybe some value.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I would imagaine Lara wont be in the 1st 3 in the betting so hopefully some decent value as i definately believe she has a chance.

Quick question for Mark or somone in the racing know...... Whats the story with a season surpressed. Why do some Bitches have this whilst others go through the Natural seasons? And whats the pros and cons to each method? Just interested like!!!

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
To be honest, I think Trap 1 is completely different class. Just a question mark as to whether it stays or not.

She went a long way in the Puppy Oaks in Ireland a couple of months back (only beaten 3 lengths by Shelbourne Abi in the 2nd round. Abi went on to be favourite to win the final) and clocked a 28.90 at Shelbourne which is a good run for a pup.
Watch it here...javascript:showVideo('/ToteLanding/bet-wager/Video-Archive/View-Video/?raceid=SPK_2011_04_30_04&Servecast=False')
She also went sub 30 secs in her first look at Hove's 515. Looks very fast but not sure she'll stay a stiff 6 bends.
As a bonus, she also seems to have the rails to herself.

It's early days for Albion Star, but I think she'll be staying on late and this time next week you'll be asking how long until she can run a marathon....

Good luck guys.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
The betting in the Racing Post will be 5/4 Trap 1 and 16/1 Starcroft according to RP 'Guru' Pat Kelly.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
'Guru' in this case can easily be replaced by the word 'Idiot'

A plastic Man Ure fan from Brighton. That says all you need to know.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
To be honest, I think Trap 1 is completely different class. Just a question mark as to whether it stays or not.

She went a long way in the Puppy Oaks in Ireland a couple of months back (only beaten 3 lengths by Shelbourne Abi in the 2nd round. Abi went on to be favourite to win the final) and clocked a 28.90 at Shelbourne which is a good run for a pup.
Watch it here...javascript:showVideo('/ToteLanding/bet-wager/Video-Archive/View-Video/?raceid=SPK_2011_04_30_04&Servecast=False')
She also went sub 30 secs in her first look at Hove's 515. Looks very fast but not sure she'll stay a stiff 6 bends.
As a bonus, she also seems to have the rails to herself.

It's early days for Albion Star, but I think she'll be staying on late and this time next week you'll be asking how long until she can run a marathon....

Good luck guys.

Biffer is the 1 dog worth lumping on then Matey ??

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Biffer is the 1 dog worth lumping on then Matey ??

Think he said he wasn't sure it will stay, think I would like to see if it does before I lump on. And if Biffer is right on the tissue 16/1 for Lara to me represents good value, ok first time over this trip and first time in open class, but she is crying out for this trip. Ok I am biased.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Think he said he wasn't sure it will stay, think I would like to see if it does before I lump on. And if Biffer is right on the tissue 16/1 for Lara to me represents good value, ok first time over this trip and first time in open class, but she is crying out for this trip. Ok I am biased.

Was thinking of covering Laras bet with a punt on the 1 dog ??

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
As Biffer says the 1 dog broke 30 sconds in a trial which is seriously quick, if you look at Lara's best time I think that means after 515 the 1 dog would be something like 20 metres in fornt of her so it's a lot to make up over the remaining 180m. Two or three of the others have also done 30.40 which is similar to Benny's fastest time. The law of averages says that one of them will be sufficiently far in front of Lara and stay on well enough to ensure she won't win.

Be interested to hear Biffer and Mark's take on that as they know far more than me!!

You can but hope though and I'll be backing her anyway!

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
As Biffer says the 1 dog broke 30 sconds in a trial which is seriously quick, if you look at Lara's best time I think that means after 515 the 1 dog would be something like 20 metres in fornt of her so it's a lot to make up over the remaining 180m. Two or three of the others have also done 30.40 which is similar to Benny's fastest time. The law of averages says that one of them will be sufficiently far in front of Lara and stay on well enough to ensure she won't win.

Be interested to hear Biffer and Mark's take on that as they know far more than me!!

You can but hope though and I'll be backing her anyway!

Over this trip I'd rather have a dog who stays than breaks the track record over first 500m.

Last edited:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I 100% agree with Jamie's post but also agree that 16/1 represents fair and decent value for Lara. I certainly dont expect her to win but its fair to say that she does have a small chance. Will be very interesting watching the bookies prices change. You cannot argue with the pace of trap 1 but it is fair to question whether it stays. All will be revealed at 10.30pm!!!!

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
My opinion? Eees complicated.

I wouldn't bet against T1 as it's class, but wouldn't back it at 5/4 either.
You can form your own opinion by watching it at the igb.ie website.

The others could all possibly beat eachother. One thing is for sure though, Lara will be a long way behind. She's usually a long way off the pace anyway, but these are all a much better grade over 4 bends.
She'll need to have an amazing finish to get involved but that's another thing we don't know. How well will she stay 6 bends ?

The whole race is one of those enigmas wrapped inside a mystery type of thing.

The best part of it all is that with Lara such a big price you won't need to invest much to win a load of cash if she wins.

Good luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here