Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Lawson's Record Attempt 11 Days Away

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
It’s less than two weeks until AITC’s Dan Lawson attempts to break a world record.
The 40-year-old hopes to beat the greatest distance run in a week on a treadmill to raise money for Albion in the Community and commences his epic feat on Saturday 16th March outside the Jubilee Library in the centre of Brighton.
The current record stands at 520 miles and to surpass it he will have to run the equivalent of 20 marathons, nearly three a day. There will be little time for sleep and recovery as Dan is expected to run non-stop for around 14 hours a day.
But Dan, who works for AITC’s Health Department, is hoping he will not be alone during the week-long run. He is urging Albion fans, businesses and the public to play their part in helping him beat the record and also raise money for AITC.
Dan said, “I needed another challenge after the eight marathons last year and I thought this would be a great way to get other people involved in helping me break a world record and get active at the same time. We would love to hear from local companies and Albion fans who want to get involved.”
So far, alongside partner Nuffield Health, five businesses – listed below – are kindly sponsoring a day each:

• BHAFC
  • Small Batch Coffee
  • Overline
  • Dynamic Yoga
  • Bagelman
Companies can register to secure a day of ten – there’s one left, hurry! – one-hour slots for employees to run alongside Dan. Each runner will need to raise a minimum of £100, which will go towards AITC child obesity initiatives.
The following companies have generously pledged to raise funds for Dan and/or provide equipment to help with the attempt:

• Matrix Fitness – treadmills
  • Beacon Security – security
  • Reform Solutions – heart-rate monitors
  • Aquaid – water
  • Acctive Systems – CCTV (to verify the attempt)
  • Infinity Foods – food
Companies interested in asking employers to take part in the event should contact Barry McLaughlin on 07855 264416, or e-mail barry.mclaughlin@albioninthecommunity.org.uk.
You can also get in touch and find out more by following Dan on Twitter @therunningdan.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here