Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owls boss takes swipe at Oatway [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Owls boss takes swipe at Oatway[/h]12:30pm Saturday 23rd February 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2322791.jpg
Charlie Oatway was cleared after this incident at Hillsborough
Sheffield Wednesday boss Dave Jones has re-ignited his touchline row with Charlie Oatway by branding the Albion coach a “nobody”.
Jones is unhappy about being fined £2,000 by the FA and receiving a suspended one-match touchline ban after clashing with Oatway during Albion’s 3-1 defeat at Hillsborough three weeks ago.
Both were charged with improper conduct but Oatway was cleared without needing to attend a personal hearing after video evidence produced by the Seagulls provided conclusive proof he did nothing wrong.
Jones, meanwhile, went to Wembley to unsuccessfully plead his case.
He told the Sheffield Star: “I don’t agree with what they’ve done. I accept it and move on.”
Asked for his reaction to no action being taking against Oatway, Jones said: “They can’t charge a nobody.”
Oatway, meanwhile, insists he should never have been dismissed to the stands with Jones and then charged.
He said: “For me it was a no-brainer. I couldn’t believe that I even got asked to leave the technical area but these things happen.
“It was a nothing situation but the powers above make their own rules at times. I couldn’t believe that I got charged.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What a nice person he is perhaps explains why people accused him of things in the past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here