Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains to Falmer

Hi Paul,

Firstly, I really enjoyed last night's roadshow - a first class and informative presentation from Martin Perry. Well worth making the trip down to Hove, so many thanks to all concerned.

Martin indicated that the club wish to fill the stadium and will, as at Withdean, prefer people to travel to the stadium by public transport. This brings me to a point about the Lewes/Falmer/Brighton train service.
My understanding is that the current maximum service comprises 4 trains per hour each way with 4 coaches per train. The number of trains is limited to 4 by the nature of the signalling between Falmer and Brighton; the number of coaches by the size and design of the platforms at all three stations. Assuming, a coach can hold 75 persons and disregarding any 'non-football' passengers, this gives a maxmum train capacity for Falmer spectators of 1200 per hour each way, with some unlikely to depart until possibly an hour after the final whistle. This really doesn't seem adequate so are the Club seaking to address the line capacity during the discussions with Southern Trains/Network Rail and, if so, is there any feedback yet on how this might be increased?

Many thanks.
AD

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I'm not privvy to discussions between the stadium project team and Southern, but I am sure that the club will have all the necessary arrangements in place regarding the required train, bus and other forms of travel to and from the stadium to ensure everyone gets there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here