Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's Going on with the Pop Up Ads on Here?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The Now TV one is annoying. When the mouse goes over it a second ad pops up where if you click anywhere other than exactly on the cross, but that one may be because I was at work and thus not signed in.

But this evening at home and signed in, this little fella popped up:

nsc ad.jpg

It disappeared when I took the screen grab.

Are pop up adds going to become the norm on here, or has something gone wrong?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I never have nor ever would intentionally run pop-up or pop-under ads as I hate them.

I've never seen them on NSC.

There could be a rogue ad in the Adsense network which is causing it. I'll try blocking that ad that's in your screenshot, although there are ads further down the page at the very bottom and it could have been one of those.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I had the same thing at about 10:20, don't know if the timeing helps. I clicked onto another tab and then back and now it's gone.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you get it, please post as much info as you can on this thread - what the pop-up is for, any other ads on the NSC page at the time. I can try and block as much as I can, although it can be a bit of a whack-a-rat type exercise.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I had the same thing at about 10:20, don't know if the timeing helps. I clicked onto another tab and then back and now it's gone.

I got that too approx the same time, but got rid of it by clicking on the x at the top right corner.

Yoda

English & European
The Now TV one is annoying. When the mouse goes over it a second ad pops up where if you click anywhere other than exactly on the cross, but that one may be because I was at work and thus not signed in.

But this evening at home and signed in, this little fella popped up:

View attachment 64955

It disappeared when I took the screen grab.

Are pop up adds going to become the norm on here, or has something gone wrong?

I just had the same one when on another thread.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Probably has sod all to do with pop-ups (or maybe it has) but NSC is running like a pig on my Mac at the moment - screens freezing, half clearing, slow as anything. Am up-to-date on OS X.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Probably has sod all to do with pop-ups (or maybe it has) but NSC is running like a pig on my Mac at the moment - screens freezing, half clearing, slow as anything. Am up-to-date on OS X.

Me too. Can't type a thing into it on iPad ...... Huge lag

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yes, my computer freezes at times of late. At present I have a pop-up about a survey on supermarkets, but trying to click on the little cross does not remove it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I got that too approx the same time, but got rid of it by clicking on the x at the top right corner.

I was concerned that any click on the ad would lead to a nefarious site, as is how I understand these ads can work. I get asked all the time to put such ads on my sites, and the financial offers are surprisingly attractive, so I guess they work, but as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] says, pop ups and pop unders are no-nos , people don't like them, what's the point in diverting your visitors, or putting them off coming back?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here