Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

China After This Crisis

More and more, I'm feeling anger towards China, due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Due to their dirty lies and lack of handling of the virus, we are suffering badly. I could lose my job, along with millions of others and more importantly, we are losing loved ones.

After this is over, shall the world turn towards China and order enquiries and economic sanctions?

I think so, it's costing jobs and lives and they clearly do not give much of a shit, bar sending some medical supplies to Italy to make themselves look nice. They are even trying to start a war of words with the USA in saying it was the US who started all of this, for once, I agree with Trump and his anti Chinese rhetoric, he has said it exactly how it is and has every right to be hostile towards them.

Personally, I'll never visit their country after this, which is a shame, unless they make up for it in providing details of why they so badly mishandled the whole outbreak and why they lied during the start of the outbreak and even then, I'll only go if I really wanted to and thought it was worth it. They need to take it seriously that their wildlife trade needs to end, they have been warned by the worlds scientists so many times before this happened, that we could have a global pandemic of a virus of some sorts and now look where they are.

What are your thoughts?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'll be boycotting Chinese goods where I can.

Obviously there will be Chinese components within goods assembled elsewhere, but life is too short to stress about that. The main boycott will do.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’m never having chow mien again. And this week I’ll be searching my house for anything made in China and throwing it out.

If people are prepared to pay more for their goods might be easier, but sadly we live in a consumer , must be cheap society.

Company I work for is a US company that mainly manufacturers in China. For government contracts we have to use Taiwan assembly which carries about a 7% cost increase

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
More and more, I'm feeling anger towards China, due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Due to their dirty lies and lack of handling of the virus, we are suffering badly. I could lose my job, along with millions of others and more importantly, we are losing loved ones.

After this is over, shall the world turn towards China and order enquiries and economic sanctions?

I think so, it's costing jobs and lives and they clearly do not give much of a shit, bar sending some medical supplies to Italy to make themselves look nice. They are even trying to start a war of words with the USA in saying it was the US who started all of this, for once, I agree with Trump and his anti Chinese rhetoric, he has said it exactly how it is and has every right to be hostile towards them.

Personally, I'll never visit their country after this, which is a shame, unless they make up for it in providing details of why they so badly mishandled the whole outbreak and why they lied during the start of the outbreak and even then, I'll only go if I really wanted to and thought it was worth it. They need to take it seriously that their wildlife trade needs to end, they have been warned by the worlds scientists so many times before this happened, that we could have a global pandemic of a virus of some sorts and now look where they are.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are you sound hysterical.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Like after any major global incident I would expect nothing less than some serious lessons learnt and measures put in place to prevent reoccurrence but for now the focus is rightly on controlling the virus and saving lives

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My thoughts are you sound hysterical.
Easily said, but which bits specifically do you disagree with, and why?

As far as I'm concerned, this is what happens when you have a government that is completely unaccountable. They should have done something about regulating wet markets years ago, and the cover ups have been a disgrace. Where is the outrage at the fact that the whistle blowing doctor who first raised the alarm has since disappeared?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Fairly long but an interesting read.

With a GDP still at least 25 percent larger than China’s, the United States is still the world’s preeminent superpower, but the COVID-19 crisis “accelerates the process” that Beijing has put in place to overtake the U.S.—it will allow China “to claim market share across the globe and across strategic sectors as the rest of the world shuts down.”

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/the...has-been-waiting-for-and-hes-making-his-move/

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’d be nice if the CCP ruling elite were overthrown.

Problem is, China has never 'done' democracy. Clear out this lot and they will only replace it with some other despot. They love a despot, the Chinese. Maybe the next one will be religious. Then we're really ****ed.

And, to be fair, the ruling elite were responsible for sorting things out - it was the local party who ****ed up (albeit because they were afraid of the ruling elite - luckily this is no longer a problem for the local leaders, as they have all now been executed bythe ruling elite).

But...no, the OP is correct, this is the outcome of unhealthy animal husbandry and, as a mate of mine put it, the fact that when someone found a pangolin scoffing a bat he though the best thing was to put the lot in a stir fry.

Whether our boycotting China would have the slightest effect on them is moot. No....it isn't moot. Its laughable.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

As far as I'm concerned, this is what happens when you have a government that is completely unaccountable. They should have done something about regulating wet markets years ago, and the cover ups have been a disgrace. Where is the outrage at the fact that the whistle blowing doctor who first raised the alarm has since disappeared?

Didn't the whistleblower die of the virus?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-coronavirus-whistleblower-doctor-li-wenliang

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

As others have pointed out, the lies were at the local level. China dealt with the crisis and there have been many medics over here that have thanked them for the information they have provided.

Hysterical clap trap serves no point. By all means, boycott chinese goods if you want but don't try and shame others to do the same.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As others have pointed out, the lies were at the local level. China dealt with the crisis and there have been many medics over here that have thanked them for the information they have provided.
I don't understand how you can study the information coming out of countries with free speach (like Italy, Spain, France, USA, UK), and still believe the figures that China have presented.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Chinese people are now increasingly facing the same kind of prejudices suffered by Moslems after 9/11. There were serious hate crimes against Asians in the US as a result of the way Trump labelled the virus.

Warnings about pandemics of CoV origin are nothing new and have not been heeded worldwide. Western countries take equal culpability for lack of prep. Policies which allow and encourage anthropisation and destructive intrusion into animal ecosystems are more dangerous than wet markets, and we know where the US administration stands on that kind of thing.

A pandemic can start anywhere. The 1918 one was first reported in Kansas. China is roughly the size of the US and has more than four times the population.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here