Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Huddersfield

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Probably one of the very worst Albion performances I have ever seen. No skill, no ability, no passion, no goals. A complete and utter embarrassment.

Stockdale 6. Did what he needed to OK.
Bruno 3. Mostly bad with the odd flash of OK. Still unable to pass the ball forward.
Dunk 5. Way off his best, but we kept a clean sheet.
Halford 6. Poorest I have seen from him. Almost contrived to gift them a goal in the second half, but apart from that our best defender.
Bennett 4. His performances are going downhill fast. Definitely not what we need at LB next season.
Kayal 5. Not up to his recent standard.
Stephens 4. Didn't contribute enough. Too many misplaced passes.
Calderon 3. Didn't realise he was on the pitch most of the time.
Tex 6. Our only creative player. Stupid and unnecessary tackle to get himself injured.
Carayol 5. Looked like he may be a decent footballer.
Best 3. Not the worst game he has had for us ... but that's not saying much.

Subs:
Lua Lua 4. Didn't see enough of the ball. no-impact sub.
CMS 4. Not the answer when we need a goal.
O'Grady 4. Poorest I have seen from him.

Manager 3. He is quickly losing my support. If this is the type of football he serves up, then we have progressed absolutely nowhere.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Probably one of the very worst Albion performances I have ever seen. No skill, no ability, no passion, no goals. A complete and utter embarrassment.

Bruno 3. Mostly bad with the odd flash of OK. Still unable to pass the ball forward.
Halford 6. Poorest I have seen from him. Almost contrived to gift them a goal in the second half, but apart from that our best defender.
Bennett 4. His performances are going downhill fast. Definitely not what we need at LB next season.
Tex 6. Our only creative player. Stupid and unnecessary tackle to get himself injured.

Subs:

Manager 3. He is quickly losing my support. If this is the type of football he serves up, then we have progressed absolutely nowhere.

This about sums it up, but would knock a point off everyone and increase Best to a 5 because I thought he did show a shit in the first half, which is more than most. Out of order booing him off, because he definitely wasn't the worst player out there.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale - 7
Bruno - 5
Bennett - 6
Dunk - 5
Halford - 5
Calderon - 4 - probably played himself out of a contract in the last 2 games
Kayal - 7
Stephens - 5 - worst performance since he returned
Texeirra - 5.5 - sorry he was injured, but ran around in circles creating very little.
Carayol - 5 - not fit
Best - 4.5 - thought he was better than against Bournemouth, but his awareness and movement are truly woeful.

KLL - 5
CMS - 5
O'Grady - 5

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Stockdale 5 MOM
Bruno 2 Awful even managed to F**k up his only trick tonight.
Dunk 2 Awful
Halford 2 Awful
Bennett 2 Awful
Kayal 4 Slightly better than awful
Stephens 4 Slightly better than awful but does a very crap Keith Lemon impression.
Calderon 3 Being 2015 years old is showing.
Tex 0 Caused his own downfall with a shocking challenge.
Crayon 2 Started Ok but suddenly became crap and then out down that by getting worse
Best 0 Gone past his best before date.

Lua Lua 0 crap
O Grady 0 crap
Labrador 0 crap

Hooton 0

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014

Subs:

I agree with all, but Carayol 5?! You're joking right? He hit the bar, that was it! His movement is appalling

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Too depressing to rate them (and if I did, I'd have to give Calde a low mark and I couldn't bring myself to do it). Thought Stockdale and Kayal were the only players who could hold their heads up tonight, although Stephens wasn't too bad. Reckoned Best was slightly better than against Bournemouth but can't see what Carayol brings to the team - no ball control and no pace, not exactly what you want in a winger

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale - 6 Not really tested.
Bruno - 5 So nearly scored with a miss hit cross.
Halford - 5
Dunk - 5
Bennett - 5
Calderon - 4.5
Kayal - 5
Stephens - 5.5
Teixeira - 5.5 Might be higher if he dared to shoot more often, or showed some awareness of passing options
Best - 4.5 What was he thinking with that dive?
Carayol - 5 I think there's a decent footballer in there, but I'm not sure we'll see it, he is still trying to get up to full match fitness after a long lay off, is also trying to get used to a new team and new system, and is doing this in the middle of a relegation assault course net (it doesn't really feel like a dog fight, and we seem to be slowly escaping relegation as the teams behind us get trapped)

Lualua - 4 He seems as scared of running at opponents as Teixeira is of shooting
CMS - 4 Didn't do anything of note after coming on
O'Grady - 4

It is now (including injury time) 9 hours 56 minutes since a Brighton player scored.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
stockdale 6
Bruno 6 ( better 2nd half)
halford 6
dunk 6
Bennett 6
Kayal 6
Stephens 6
Calderon 4
tex 6(decent first half tired again b4 bad challenge)
carayol 4
best 4
lualua 5
cog 4
CMS 3 ( wow is his confidence low the thought of trapping the ball seems to make him fall over)
same old same old better team particularly in the first half
lack of quality in the final third

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Stockdale - 6
Bruno - 4
Halford - 4
Dunk - 4
Bennett - 5
Calderon - 4
Kayal - 5
Stephens - 5
Teixeira - 4
Best - 4
Carayol - 5

Lualua - 5
Mackail-Smith - 1
O'Grady - 6

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
It was the biggest pile of shite that I've watched all season.

I'm seriously worried about the direction in which we are heading. And not able to break down a pretty woeful Huddersfield team.

We have done very good players - not playing to a system that gets the best out of them. The sum of the parts is way less than it should be.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Utter garbage tonight. I haven't watched such a tedious, ineffective display from an Albion team for many years. It's incredible how much we have gone backwards this season. I'd like to think that the problems we have (which are serious) will be addressed in the summer but I have my doubts. As usual, I expect we'll sign any new players we get in the two weeks before the new season starts to try to reduce our bill for wages.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Stockdale - 6 - made some important saves.
Bruno - 5 - some wayward passes (but at least he tries them) but almost made a goal for Calde with his run and pull back late on.
Halford - 4 - got turned / robbed a few times - probably his poorest performance of late.
Dunk - 4 - almost cost us a goal first half by trying to get in front of Ishmael Miller Way below par lately.
Bennett - 5 - sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Calderon - 4 - Industious, but too slow
Kayal - 6 MOM - looked strong throughout - some good passing -especially first half.
Stephens - 5 - tidy, but in my view playing too deep.
Teixeira - 5 - would have been a 6 for his trickery, but for the horror tackle that led to his injury.
Best - 5 - worked hard - certainly didn't deserve to be booed off.
Carayol - 5 - meh.

Lualua - 4 - no impact, scared to take people on.
Mackail-Smith - 3 - poor as usual - seems like he's playing on tarmac with a petrol station football - awful contol.
O'Grady - 5 - looked ok, nothing more.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Stockdale - 6 - made some important saves.
Bruno - 5 - some wayward passes (but at least he tries them) but almost made a goal for Calde with his run and pull back late on.
Halford - 4 - got turned / robbed a few times - probably his poorest performance of late.
Dunk - 4 - almost cost us a goal first half by trying to get in front of Ishmael Miller Way below par lately.
Bennett - 5 - sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Calderon - 4 - Industious, but too slow
Kayal - 6 MOM - looked strong throughout - some good passing -especially first half.
Stephens - 5 - tidy, but in my view playing too deep.
Teixeira - 5 - would have been a 6 for his trickery, but for the horror tackle that led to his injury.
Best - 5 - worked hard - certainly didn't deserve to be booed off.
Carayol - 5 - meh.

Lualua - 4 - no impact, scared to take people on.
Mackail-Smith - 3 - poor as usual - seems like he's playing on tarmac with a petrol station football - awful contol.
O'Grady - 5 - looked ok, nothing more.

This.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Does anyone actually believe any of them deserve a rating?

How come Hughton is not on the list?

Because the thread is titled "Player Ratings". Hope this helps.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Stephens frustrates me. Clearly there's a decent player in there somewhere, but we've rarely seen the best of him (hmmm...doesn't that sound familiar?). I lost count of how many times he passed the ball straight to an opponent last night. Do we test our players' colour vision when we sign them?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Stockdale - 7 Did everything asked of him. Kept us in the game and earned us a point.
Bruno - 4. He loves his new trick of pulling his opponent away from a goal kick hence getting the throw in. ffs
Bennett - 5. I actually like him but yet again it didn't happen for him.
Dunk - 4 Lost his consistency. Should actually be increasing his goal tally with some of these corners that are landing on his head.
Halford - 3 Another loan player who spent the evening shouting at others. No thanks.
Calderon - 4 - played so far forward he was seemingly playing off Best. Really? Speaks volumes for manager's opinion of CMS and COG.
Kayal - 7 The shining light amongst a shower of sh#t. Too good for his colleagues. Captain next year.
Stephens - 5 - not his best game but he works well with Kayal
Tex - 4 - he's a long way from the L'pool first team. Horrible looking injury after that very silly tackle.
Carayol - 5 - not really worked him out yet. Seems a hell of a luxury to be starting at this stage of the season though.
Best - 5 Horrible attitude to all around him, colleagues and officials alike. By no means the worst on the pitch though.

KLL - 4Didn't happen for him. Scannell knows him too well.
CMS 4 - Comedy.
O'Grady 4 - 15k per week?

Note to manager - Use the development squad instead of these loanees. There is ZERO downside.
Note to groundsman - your pitch was over watered and saturated. The ball last night was being held up instead of fizzing across the pitch.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Stephens frustrates me. Clearly there's a decent player in there somewhere, but we've rarely seen the best of him (hmmm...doesn't that sound familiar?). I lost count of how many times he passed the ball straight to an opponent last night. Do we test our players' colour vision when we sign them?

Agreed Stephens had a shocker last night - however, I think the midfield is the only positive at the football club at the moment. Next season assuming Tex isnt back I would play Kayal in the hole with Stephens and Ince. Think that would be solid so just a LBX2 RBX1 CB X2 WINGERS X2 and CFX4 to find.....

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale - 7 Did everything asked of him. Kept us in the game and earned us a point.
Bruno - 4. He loves his new trick of pulling his opponent away from a goal kick hence getting the throw in. ffs
Bennett - 5. I actually like him but yet again it didn't happen for him.
Dunk - 4 Lost his consistency. Should actually be increasing his goal tally with some of these corners that are landing on his head.
Halford - 3 Another loan player who spent the evening shouting at others. No thanks.
Calderon - 4 - played so far forward he was seemingly playing off Best. Really? Speaks volumes for manager's opinion of CMS and COG.
Kayal - 7 The shining light amongst a shower of sh#t. Too good for his colleagues. Captain next year.
Stephens - 5 - not his best game but he works well with Kayal
Tex - 4 - he's a long way from the L'pool first team. Horrible looking injury after that very silly tackle.
Carayol - 5 - not really worked him out yet. Seems a hell of a luxury to be starting at this stage of the season though.
Best - 5 Horrible attitude to all around him, colleagues and officials alike. By no means the worst on the pitch though.

KLL - 4Didn't happen for him. Scannell knows him too well.
CMS 4 - Comedy.
O'Grady 4 - 15k per week?

Note to manager - Use the development squad instead of these loanees. There is ZERO downside.
Note to groundsman - your pitch was over watered and saturated. The ball last night was being held up instead of fizzing across the pitch.

Pretty much this (including Kayal for skipper and the wet pitch). Kayal faded in the second half (poss still not 100% match fit) but he is real quality. Again Stockdale was my MOM.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Stockdale 6.5: Had little to do, did it well

Bruno 4: Unbelievable ball control at times but shocking passing
Dunk 5: Needs the season to end fast
Halford 6: Seems to be our best defender but competition is not high
Bennett 4: His defensive ability is getting worse and he's forgotten how to pass

Kayal 6: Great in patches, faded
Stephens 4: Didn't really contribute much. Far too many misplaced passes.
Tex 6: Ok, but flits in and out of the game. Seriously hope his injury isn't as bas a it looked

Calderon 5. Tried hard, delivered little
Carayol 5: Much better than Friday but faded badly
Best 6: Decent. Ran more, tried harder, afforded literally no support from midfield

Subs:
Lua Lua 3: Added nothing
CMS 3: Added nothing
O'Grady 3: Added nothing

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here