Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Jo Brand Comment

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I can't abide Farage but I have to say the BBC not disciplining Jo Brand for saying she'd have preferred if protesters threw battery acid instead of milkshake is appalling, especially as they say we should all know it's a joke. It stinks of double standards and protectionism of the liberal left.

BTW voted remain and can't abide EDL, BREXIT and Tommy Robinson et al, before you accuse me of such.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, it was a bit 'over the top' and in this *hang them from the highest yardarm* age she'll have to go.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It is a fair point. If Tommy Robinson has joked about chucking acid over Corbyn for example it would go MENTAL.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It is a fair point. If Tommy Robinson has joked about chucking acid over Corbyn for example it would go MENTAL.

But that racist **** is not a comedian saying something in jest is he. He is a wanna be fascist stirring up hate in thick people!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Horrible, unfunny thing to say. She's got by on her good looks for far too long.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
She would have been the first to admit that she would never have wasted a milkshake though.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
What Jo Brand did was no different to Danny Baker. He made a remark that was ill advised as many people although not all would consider racist , she made a remark that many people although not all would consider an incitement to violence.

Both equally bad choice for people in the public eye. Incitement to violence is if anything even worse than the .monkey remark because some idiot might copy what brand suggested.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But that racist **** is not a comedian saying something in jest is he. He is a wanna be fascist stirring up hate in thick people!
Yes, Robinson is not a good example. But if a middle aged white male comedian had said it about Theresa May there'd have been calls for him to be sacked.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
The BBC said the jokes made on Heresy are "deliberately provocative as the title implies". [ the programme is Heresy - which is a long running Radio 4 programme that "Discussion programme which challenges established ideas and questions received wisdom"

via https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48611424
It added they are "not intended to be taken seriously."

Brand, speaking after Mr Farage and a number of far-right European election candidates were covered in milkshakes during campaign walkabouts in May, said "Why bother with a milkshake when you could get some battery acid?"
The comic then went on to immediately make clear she was joking and criticised the milkshake stunts.
"That's just me. I'm not going to do it," she said. "It's purely a fantasy, but I think milkshakes are pathetic, I honestly do, sorry."

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The BBC said the jokes made on Heresy are "deliberately provocative as the title implies". [ the programme is Heresy - which is a long running Radio 4 programme that "Discussion programme which challenges established ideas and questions received wisdom"

via https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48611424
It added they are "not intended to be taken seriously."

Brand, speaking after Mr Farage and a number of far-right European election candidates were covered in milkshakes during campaign walkabouts in May, said "Why bother with a milkshake when you could get some battery acid?"
The comic then went on to immediately make clear she was joking and criticised the milkshake stunts.
"That's just me. I'm not going to do it," she said. "It's purely a fantasy, but I think milkshakes are pathetic, I honestly do, sorry."

Oh stop if with your rational common sense and actual facts. This is NSC, man. Pick up the pitchforks people :hilton:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This comment is about the hypocrisy that the BBC have with their liberal left bias; if this had been an obvious joke about a sexual encounter with a female or an obvious racist joke (a la Baker) then they'd hang 'um high!

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Leave snowflakes are jumping on anything at the moment. Anything they think can strengthen their pathetically weak case. Which is why Brand shouldn't have given them the fuel.

SAC

May 21, 2014
This comment is about the hypocrisy that the BBC have with their liberal left bias; if this had been an obvious joke about a sexual encounter with a female or an obvious racist joke (a la Baker) then they'd hang 'um high!

Or is it obviously about a joke that has been taken out of context just so people can be wound up?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here