Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 250 quid to [jump the queue for*] the Seven Stars Sports bar.. [* = get in to]

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Is that a thousand pounds for my family of 4?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bargain, I don't even know where it is at the Amex...

We only found it by accident towards the end of last season. We always go to East Lower concourse after games for a drink but this one match they had completely run out of lager. We were a bit pissed off about it until a steward told us we could go up to the Seven Stars bar - the entrance is next to the East Lower concourse entrance.

I always though that was the bar that you could only go in if you were with a child?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
#BarberOut

On a serious note, what is going on? Who in their right mind would spend that sort of money to be allowed to go in a bar/pub? I hope The Swan doesnt see this and get any ideas.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's a decent enough spot pre-match for those with kids, particularly if they have friends who are situated in other stands/concourses, and they want to spend some time together.

£250 for a family of four could possibly be justified because it does fill up and knowing you have a guaranteed space has some value. But, given it's a facility predominantly for families, £250 per person is simply outrageous.

I wonder if it is going to be paid entry only, even for those without a 'season ticket', given "Dick’s Bar will remain free for supporters to enter for refreshments before and after the match."

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I think if you could pay £250 to get a table and a seat for your family it could work, but who in their right mind would pay to stand in a crowded average bar when there are other options available.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Even my blue tinted spectacles fell off reading that! I am not sure that is a goer unless the club have specifically been asked for this facility. I do not like this idea at all.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
The £250 only gets you in the bloody place? That's a joke. I've been in there a few times and it's OK, but no way would I pay for entry.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That would cost a family of 4 nearly the same as my yearly cost for 1901 which includes a nice bar. Utter, utter madness.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
£250 for a guaranteed place in a bar where the beer is flat and you can't hear the post match interviews with CH or players because the volume is turned down so people can listen to the PL match.

No thanks. I'll pop back on the train and have a nice pint in the Wellington instead.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Thats about right...Charge fans for the only bar children can go to. Absolute joke! Hope no-one bothers and it will stay the same as it did last season!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well you get a 'free' program each match, so knock that off the bill bargain hunters.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That would cost a family of 4 nearly the same as my yearly cost for 1901 which includes a nice bar. Utter, utter madness.
Ah - you get a free programme.

Wait - so do I. And I get a free tea or coffee. Either it is a mistype, badly worded and means per family or someone has lost their marbles.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here