Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson - Rangers [CONFIRMED]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We know he wants to play games rather than sit on the bench forever, so maybe ? Perhaps a loan ?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
The thing about that story is they quote the rangers player as being worth £3.5m. Surely that's sort of money isn't going to prise away Goldson and Rangers don't have a pot to piss in so they aren't going to be adding much to it.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Goldson will be in our forst team next season, he's better than Duffy and we could lose Dunk . . . . he's not for sale.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It must be silly season! The S*n are reporting Rangers interested in signing Goldson.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2647117/rangers-brighton-connor-goldson-james-tavernier-transfer-target-crystal-palace-3-5million/
Really cannot see this one happening...especially if Dunk is nabbed by a top 6 team this summer.

Well it isn't silly season, in as much as any club are allowed to enquire about the avaiability of another cub's players, even if there is little to no chance of anything happening.

With the BFG having left the club, we need all the centre backs that we have.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
We didn't think Rangers had enough money to pay for Murphy, and we'd want much more for Connor, theoretically.

Even if Dunk stays I think Connor will be utilised more next season, we were relatively lucky with injuries and suspension this year

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Goldson will be in our forst team next season, he's better than Duffy and we could lose Dunk . . . . he's not for sale.

Goldson is a different type of centre back to Duffy, more assured on the ball possibly, but without the strength and driving force that Big Shane has.. Not better or worse, just different.

But as you say, unless someone offers a ridiculous some of money, he isn't for sale.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If we bring 2 centre backs in, I could see Goodson going out on loan. The question then is, is the Scottish Premiership of high enough quality to allow him to go to Rangers

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Goldson is a different type of centre back to Duffy, more assured on the ball possibly, but without the strength and driving force that Big Shane has.. Not better or worse, just different.

But as you say, unless someone offers a ridiculous some of money, he isn't for sale.
Exactly what I was going to say. The whole season Duffy was brought in was because of question marks over Goldson's defending at set pieces, whereas IMO Goldson is quicker and more agile. Neither of them are anything like as good as Dunk though. I genuinely believe we'll need a new centre back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is very little for the papers to report with the season virtually finished so a lot of rumours will be printed. I can understand Goldson wanting games but wouldn't think that he would consider Rangers unless Murphy has dropped a word here and there.

There is always the possibility that if we struggle to replace Bruno CH may consider a 3 man CB formation if it proves a success for England in Russia in which case he would play for us regularly.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Don’t think a loan and regular games for rangers in the Scottish prem is going to competitive enough for him. Championship would be better for his experience now if he were to go out on loan.... lots of competitive games against good strikers.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If we bring 2 centre backs in, I could see Goodson going out on loan. The question then is, is the Scottish Premiership of high enough quality to allow him to go to Rangers

Well, if we do sign two new centre backs, and allow Connor to go out on loan, if l were him l'd be asking if l had a future at the Albion? He isn't a kid anymore he is 26 next birthday.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I wonder if this Scottish Sun 'exclusive' and Goldson being on 'Steven Gerrard’s radar' has merely come about from Gerrard perhaps watching the game on Sunday and Goldson coming on as a sub for Duffy?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There is very little for the papers to report with the season virtually finished so a lot of rumours will be printed. I can understand Goldson wanting games but wouldn't think that he would consider Rangers unless Murphy has dropped a word here and there.

There is always the possibility that if we struggle to replace Bruno CH may consider a 3 man CB formation if it proves a success for England in Russia in which case he would play for us regularly.

Not for long....window SWINGS open tomorrow

Rangers can’t afford Connor and doubt we’ll sell him anyway.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I very much doubt CH will take his lead on formations at BHA next season from England's performances in Russia.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here