Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 Norwich fans on final warning for homophobia. .....

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
.....sorry dont know how to post links but in guardian online and sjy sports that reports of homophobia at carrow road. Following on from an incident against Birmingham 3 fans are on a final warning, think they might get banned after playing us? :)

Jan 30, 2008
.....sorry dont know how to post links but in guardian online and sjy sports that reports of homophobia at carrow road. Following on from an incident against Birmingham 3 fans are on a final warning, think they might get banned after playing us? :)
Glad I'm not going , would end up screaming for a policeman:tumble:
regards
DR

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

In fairness, that does say "fans" (plural) and gameS (ie more than one), so it perhaps suggests that the individuals concerned have done a bit more than just shout "get up, you poof", at an injured player. If their own club's fans are complaining about them then they may well be behaving obnoxiously on a regular basis, and the "homophobia" is just one strand of that.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
In fairness, that does say "fans" (plural) and gameS (ie more than one), so it perhaps suggests that the individuals concerned have done a bit more than just shout "get up, you poof", at an injured player. If their own club's fans are complaining about them then they may well be behaving obnoxiously on a regular basis, and the "homophobia" is just one strand of that.

I used to think that in isolation chants such as "does your boyfriend know you are here" are really quite harmless and I would imagine that even most gay people would see the funny side of that. The problem is that it then establishes a principle that homophobic comments are deemed to be acceptable, and you are faced with the dilemma of where you draw the line. After the Millwall away match last season, the chap who sits near me in ESU said that at London Bridge Station, he was subjected to comments from Millwall fans about his 7 year old son - such as "do you share him out". So, it is best to try and stamp it out.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

I always thought it was "poove"..

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Perhaps Edna I could ask you a question.

If a fan was so exasperated at the performance at his local club (I can think of one right now in non-league) that he called out:

"I reckon a team of lesbians could play better than you lot"; would that be considered as homophobic? Just asking.

First Wizard

Jan 30, 2011
About 27,000 attend our home games and 3 supporters are being dealt with by the club for homophobic abuse, whilst not supporting their knuckle dragging actions it is a very tiny percentage of City fans.

Perhaps Edna I could ask you a question.

If a fan was so exasperated at the performance at his local club (I can think of one right now in non-league) that he called out:

"I reckon a team of lesbians could play better than you lot"; would that be considered as homophobic? Just asking.
Irrespective of the judgement that is being made of the local club's skills, this comment seems to imply that lesbians aren't very good footballers. To that extent, it could be deemed to be homophobic.

Incidentally, it's well documented that there are a number of skilled lesbians playing at a high level in women's football. The men's game can't deliver comparable evidence of skilled gay men playing the game at the highest level.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Incidentally, it's well documented that there are a number of skilled lesbians playing at a high level in women's football. The men's game can't deliver comparable evidence of skilled gay men playing the game at the highest level.
Does that mean LB that they are skilled at being a lesbian ? Great stuff.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
About 27,000 attend our home games and 3 supporters are being dealt with by the club for homophobic abuse, whilst not supporting their knuckle dragging actions it is a very tiny percentage of City fans.

Thanks for this. Yes, you are quite right and I am sure that most reasonable people know that. In any community, sadly, a minority will always let the side down.

Does that mean LB that they are skilled at being a lesbian ? Great stuff.
I'm reminded of the description by Spike Milligan in Puckoon of a character called Lord Barrington.

"Barrington himself was a devout Catholic and a practising homosexual. Practice makes perfect, he always said".

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I can remember going to Norwich for one of those Simod Cup type competitions in November '89 (I can be precise because it was my 18th birthday game and therefore very messy). From memory there were about 40 of us in the corner of the terrace behind the goal. We were serenaded with "You're just a town full of f***ots" which we responded to by dancing round the empty terraces with some recently purchased Norwich City knickers on our heads. We lost either 5-0 or 5-1, I can't remember. Happy days.

Still, I'm sure it's changed a great deal and the scion of Norwich who used to work for me and claimed he went to school with people who considered pasta "foreign muck" and Suffolk "abroad" was completely lying.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Also, out of interest, when you say 27000 ATTEND do you mean actually turn up or just buy a ticket? A great deal of our 25k or so "crowds" only seem to have mastered the latter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here