Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Preston Park Rose Garden

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Dear North Stand Chatters.

Is anyone at a loose end on a Tuesday morning? Do you fancy helping out for a few hours to maintain the Rose Garden in Preston Park to a high standard?

I’m looking for around a dozen people to come and volunteer with me from 10am to 1pm every Tuesday.

Work will include weeding, dead heading, pruning, edging up and anything else needed to make the Rose Garden look superb.

Benefits include.....
Keeps you fit and active
Meet new people
Helping the garden look great
Learning about gardening.

Suitable clothing required, gloves are provided as is coffee, tea and biscuits.

Give me a shout and we can arrange a meeting. You don't have to turn up every week or do the full 3 hours....any help appreciated.

Cheers, Andy.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Is anyone at a loose end on a Tuesday morning? Do you fancy helping out for a few hours to maintain the Rose Garden in Preston Park to a high standard?

I’m looking for around a dozen people to come and volunteer with me from 10am to 1pm every Tuesday.

Work will include weeding, dead heading, pruning, edging up and anything else needed to make the Rose Garden look superb.

Benefits include.....
Keeps you fit and active
Meet new people

Give me a shout and we can arrange a meeting. You don't have to turn up every week or do the full 3 hours....any help appreciated.

Cheers, Andy.

Have you considered emailing/approaching large corporates in Brighton?

Most companies give one or even two community days where staff can volunteer on this sort of activity for team building and good corporate social responsibility.

Worth a try?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden

Most companies give one or even two community days where staff can volunteer on this sort of activity for team building and good corporate social responsibility.

Worth a try?

Yes my friend, i've used both Amex and Albion in the community in the past in the Rockery. These are good for one off projects but i was really looking for a steady, all year round maintenance programme.

Will certainly keep it in mind though.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield

Benefits include.....
Keeps you fit and active
Meet new people

Cheers, Andy.

Dosent our Council tax cover these duties?

Thousands of jobless in B&H and you're suggesting approaching those who already have jobs to fill their day?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
The Rose Garden is looking amazing. We have a core of 6-8 volunteers who have made a real difference in maintaining the garden to it's present high standard.

However, we could do with a few more people to join the team so we can really turn this into an award winning garden.

PM me if you're interested. Tuesdays, 10-1, tools, tea and biscuits provided.

Cheers

Andy

Rose garden.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here