Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your First Taste Of Football Hooliganism

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I'd guess that you own that book?

On the Aldershot pages, that talk of an awful day for them in the FAC November 2000, where initially they attacked a small group of Brighton pre match, witnessed by other Brighton.

Resulting in 60 Brighton attacking their pub, a big loss for them.

Brighton were always going to Shooters that day ,words were exchanged over the net . Brighton even came the back way out of the station and down by Manor Park ,i know and like some Brighton [can't remember who but have posted on here] was in Shooters that day. Pub shut so walked up the hill to The Staff for a quiet pint and yes the same lot were in there ,knew a few of them and was told in friendly terms to sup up.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Brighton were always going to Shooters that day ,words were exchanged over the net . Brighton even came the back way out of the station and down by Manor Park ,i know and like some Brighton [can't remember who but have posted on here] was in Shooters that day. Pub shut so walked up the hill to The Staff for a quiet pint and yes the same lot were in there ,knew a few of them and was told in friendly terms to sup up.

Not sure about that. Think you’ll find a rather lively coach was passing Shooters when a few Brighton were getting some stick. Bad timing for Aldershot and the pub that’s for sure.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Kinda off topic, did the Rec ever have haystack squares around or near the ground around 74-76 ?

el punal

TBF we were unlucky to come away from The Goldstone in 84 with a 3 1 defeat in the league cup ,we were great that night as we were in the home leg . Next round we held eventual winners Norwich 0 0 at Carrow Road . lost the replay 4 0 in fog that in this day and age the game wouldn't of even started ,but with just under 10000 packed in that game wasn't getting called off.

Yes, you totally outplayed us at the Rec - I’ll admit I didn’t see the first leg at the Goldstone so I can’t comment. I do remember those bloody milk floats parading around the pitch at halftime! Just like the Albion that night - well and truly skimmed. Sorry! :rolleyes:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I met some Palace fans in a pub at one of those and got very drunk with them and ended up in the away end. Cheering the Albion...

Thankfully I had a 'he may be Brighton but he's our Brighton' group around me.

I seem to remember it saved me at the station. A group of Palace fans came looking for trouble after some kind of incident. I was identified but left be as one of them recognised me.

Keep your enemies closer...

I did your story in reverse ie I took some Palace supporting colleagues to I think the Friday night game. The one where someone with his arm in a plaster cast ran on to the pitch from the North Stand just before kick off and ran around to each Brighton player shaking his cast at them in encouragement :smile:
We were on the North West Terrace (although nearer the halfway line than the NS) and one of the Palace fans couldn’t keep her allegiance quiet. I was very uncomfortable !

Last edited:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Two Brighton lads with a crate of milk bottles :cool::hilton:
Regards
DF

If they emerged from the Unigate depot round the corner from Hove Station, I know exactly who they were! (I wasn't either of them by the way).

Jan 30, 2008
I'd guess that you own that book?

On the Aldershot pages, that talk of an awful day for them in the FAC November 2000, where initially they attacked a small group of Brighton pre match, witnessed by other Brighton.

Resulting in 60 Brighton attacking their pub, a big loss for them.

no i don't ???
regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here