Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WWE WrestleMania XXXIII Thread

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Still got Lesnar/Goldberg Taker/Reigns and SD women's title to go and not long left. Could be a late one

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
RIP.

What an odd feeling to a Main Event. Terrible Match up such a shit way for a legend to go out.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I quite enjoyed that overall.

Sad, but probably inevitable, to see 'Taker call it a day at last, hee's surely nailed on for the HoF next year though. Vince really needs to grasp though that people are not going to accept Reigns as a top face at this stage, better surely to turn him and ride the negativity.

As far as the rest of the show, Shane O'Mac was a superb, the Hardy return had been predicted but was still cool to see, Rollins/HHH was good and the Cena proposal blew up the cringe-o-meter for me. Overall, one of the better WMs of recent years.

Raw tonight will be interesting, as the post-WM Raw usually is - surely after his loss to Roode on NXT we'll see Nakamura either tonight or tomorrow on SD for a start?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I quite enjoyed that overall.

Sad, but probably inevitable, to see 'Taker call it a day at last, hee's surely nailed on for the HoF next year though. Vince really needs to grasp though that people are not going to accept Reigns as a top face at this stage, better surely to turn him and ride the negativity.

As far as the rest of the show, Shane O'Mac was a superb, the Hardy return had been predicted but was still cool to see, Rollins/HHH was good and the Cena proposal blew up the cringe-o-meter for me. Overall, one of the better WMs of recent years.

Raw tonight will be interesting, as the post-WM Raw usually is - surely after his loss to Roode on NXT we'll see Nakamura either tonight or tomorrow on SD for a start?

To be fair Reigns looked gutted. Hopefully they turn him heel tonight. The streak should have been ended last night not to lesner.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Didn't stay up to watch (not interested enough in most of the feuds). Am watching it now.

I found the opener with AJ and Shane O Mac frustrating. It feels like any shane mcmahon match is all about making the owner's son look tough. Kicking out of finishers, jumping through a table and almost immediately getting back up to get the upper hand so he can miss a splash from the top.

KO v Jericho was fine. I always feel like if there is a prop as part of an entrance, it'll be used in the match. But Jericho's list wasn't.

Women's match was fine. Win would have meant more if it was Flair's first ppv defeat.

That's as far as I've got so far. So far, this show isn't as good as takeover, for me.

Jul 7, 2003
Haven't watched this for many years so was amazed to read about the Undertaker's retirement as one of the top ten BBC news stories this evening. I remembered him starting out in the old WWF back in 1990 so just assumed this was someone else wrestling under the name rather than the original.

Love the way he just laid out the outfit on the middle of the ring - surprisingly subtle and effective for a sport which is so brash.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
That didn't half drag, there was no need for the FLORIDA/Pitbull rubbish, no need for HHH v Seth to go so long and then they started to rush matches at the end. No way on this planet earth should a wrestling show last the thick end of SEVEN hours. Could have easily had it all in a 4 hour show by dropping the rubbish , no wonder the crowd were dead by the end of it. And there wasn't even any appearances by Rock, Hogan or any others they usually wheel out at Mania.

I wonder what the shocks will be on RAW tonight or will it be an anti climax like last years ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You knew the mixed tag was going to be an all time classic when it's set up with footage from an E! "reality" tv show. Eh. It was what it was.

I thoroughly enjoyed Rollins v H, especially the build to the finish.

Barely paid attention to the musical interlude.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oh yay. Orton won. :tumble:

They were on the verge of making Bray a superstart after he beat cena at elimination chamber, and now they just waste it to make Orton champ again.

I'm gonna finish the show later this week.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
In that heat, that was a very long night. Fantastic to be there, we were all surprised not to see Samoa Joe or Finn Balor involved, as both were heavily involved during the week leading up. The Hardy's think everyone saw coming, but was great to actually see it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here