[Albion] Would you rather win the FA Cup or finish 4th this season?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you rather win the FA Cup or finish 4th this season

• FA Cup

Votes: 240 85.1%
  • Finish 4th

Votes: 42 14.9%

• Total voters

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've been wrestling with this all day and I've finally voted for 4th place. And I feel dirty having done so.

My 12 year old self wants to win the FA Cup, as I said to my dad in 1983 after the defeat that we would be back and win it. But the FA Cup of the 1980's is not the same as it is now. Very sadly it has lost it's shine. However the thought of little old us being in the Champions League is proper pinch myself time.

I'm afraid I want to be in the Champions League a little bit more than winning the FA Cup. Modern football has killed the 12 year old me. Shameful.
I'm kind of here too. . . . Although a cup is forever . . .and we'd be in europe for the forst time ever too . . .

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I've been wrestling with this all day and I've finally voted for 4th place. And I feel dirty having done so.

My 12 year old self wants to win the FA Cup, as I said to my dad in 1983 after the defeat that we would be back and win it. But the FA Cup of the 1980's is not the same as it is now. Very sadly it has lost it's shine. However the thought of little old us being in the Champions League is proper pinch myself time.

I'm afraid I want to be in the Champions League a little bit more than winning the FA Cup. Modern football has killed the 12 year old me. Shameful.
I’ve come down on the side of FA Cup funnily enough. 40 years of hurt and all that plus Europa League would probably suit us better. Learn to walk before we run. As other have said the FA Cup is forever.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
A hard choice for me. The FA Cup isn't as big as 1983, and since Pompey and Wigan won it their clubs have gone down hill since.
Leicester had one season in the champions league and an FA Cup win. I guess they remember the Cup win more fondly.
The money and profile of the champions league may help Brighton improve and keep their star players longer over the next few years.
Fence :)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Remember Everton in the Champions League? Exactly.

FA Cup win by a MILE.

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
Finish 4th is better, IMO.

4th = Champions League
FA Cup winner = Europa League

right?

Then, Finish 4th would be better. Footballers want to play in Champions League. So, in order to prevent our best players from leaving Brighton, Finish 4th is better.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Finish 4th is better, IMO.

4th = Champions League
FA Cup winner = Europa League

right?

Then, Finish 4th. Footballers want to play in Champions League. So, in order to prevent our best players from leaving Brighton, Finish 4th is better.
On the other hand, the club has never won anything of note in our entire existence. We’ll have a brilliant moment for the club and city and play in Europe, in a competition we have much more chance of being more competitive in.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
An FA cup win would be etched in our history forever. Finishing fourth is a tougher task, but you don't get a trophy for it... If we got knocked out in the group stage and finished 12th next season, it'd be forgotten.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
An FA cup win would be etched in our history forever. Finishing fourth is a tougher task, but you don't get a trophy for it... If we got knocked out in the group stage and finished 12th next season, it'd be forgotten.
Exactly. The FA cup may have lost its shine for the so called big 6, but for me I think I would have to fly home to enjoy the celebrations if we won.

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
All about the Cup for me, we need a top class trophy, or at least I want one! (I am enjoying the season in any case)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports