[Misc] Would you play a video game for 500 hours?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
Back in the 90s I was a Football Manager, a Dungeon Master, the Duke Atreides and occasionally a Megalomaniac.
All RTS games.
As I was in my 50s any games that required rapid reactions and manual dexterity were beyond me

Sep 29, 2017
Portslade
Also, time spent on Football Manager is not wasted:

With the amount of time i have ploughed into various football manager games over the years, I should be managing Real Madrid! :ROFLMAO:
Also spent many hours (over 6000hrs at the last check 🤦‍♂️) on Civilisation 5. A great stress reliever for me.
Last few years I have started doing some simracing (Rfactor2) online in an organised league. Was amazed what my heart rate gets up to whilst driving in that. My Fitbit thought I was on a run :ROFLMAO:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
With the amount of time i have ploughed into various football manager games over the years, I should be managing Real Madrid! :ROFLMAO:
Also spent many hours (over 6000hrs at the last check 🤦‍♂️) on Civilisation 5. A great stress reliever for me.
Last few years I have started doing some simracing (Rfactor2) online in an organised league. Was amazed what my heart rate gets up to whilst driving in that. My Fitbit thought I was on a run :ROFLMAO:
Does Gandhi still nuke the bejesus out of you? Classic.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
In short. Yes.
Game - Hours
DOTA 2 - 8351
FM2019 - 2024
FM2020 - 1673
FM2018 - 1475
FM22 - 1079
FM21 - 1055
FM2017 - 1024
FM2016 - 675

FM23 is currently sitting at 420 hours and I definitely spent more than 500 hours on MW2 on PS3.

Met some of my best friends through DOTA 2 and have been to massive esports events with them a few times even though they're from different countries.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Love a bit of Football Manager and the occasional PS game but the open world stuff has gone a bit too far for me. The hours needed to complete something like Fallout are off the scale. I'd barely scratched the surface before ditching it for something a bit more linear and achievable. Now I've mentioned it though, I've got a hankering to dig it out....

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I probably get 5-10 hours per week maximum to spend on games these days.

Fond memories of school summer holidays where it was biking and football for hours in the day, and then video games til after midnight.

I’m currently working through the SoulsBorne games, and presently a few hours into Dark Souls 2 and enjoying it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports