Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worthing FC

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
A worry for the funeral business I guess ? :smile:
To be fair HT as my dear old Grandad once said to me, “Remember every funeral you do is one closer to your own”, I’ve reached a point now having lost an number of people close to me, it is what it is.

The firm, with Harty Junior at the helm will go on long after I’ve had Tom Jones playing as the curtains close 🙈

Apr 29, 2012
As others have said on here, I’m also a ST holder at both the Albion and Worthing, but only grabbed a ST at Worthing for the first time this season. I have to say as a lifelong Albion fan that there were times during the ‘dirge Potter’ periods where I definitely enjoyed going to Worthing games more!

They are a total contrast in terms of a day out but there are certain things that I love at Worthing - being able to have ‘in game‘ banter with players and away fans, a pint on the touch line, being able to hear player and manager instructions in the game and the more community feel about the place where everything isn’t all about the money.

The quality of football is also decent, Worthing have picked up a lot of the youngsters that didn’t make the grade at the Albion academy and are hungry to succeed. Many players at Worthing from the last few years are now plying their trade in the EFL and see Worthing as a great development team. Get down there if you haven’t been!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Went to Worthing for the first time yesterday. Great game, lively crowd. Will definitely be going again.

I'm one of those pesky young professionals who moved back to Worthing a couple of years ago. I was born here and moved to Brighton in my twenties.

It was an easy decision to move back. The price I paid for a three bed house with a garden and a driveway here would have gotten me a slightly bigger flat in Brighton.

Worthing certainly seemed an old persons town when I was a kid but these days it very much feels like there's way more people my age (late thirties) around.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
To be fair HT as my dear old Grandad once said to me, “Remember every funeral you do is one closer to your own”, I’ve reached a point now having lost an number of people close to me, it is what it is.

The firm, with Harty Junior at the helm will go on long after I’ve had Tom Jones playing as the curtains close 🙈
Which song are you going out to?
Sex Bomb, You Can Leave Your Hat on or Burnin’ Down The House? :smile:

Jul 7, 2003
I presume a lot of this influx of young professionals is down to remote working?

Certainly isn't for the train service to London - you can get from Stoke or Leicester to London in about the same time as you can from Worthing.

Young New Mexican Puppeteer?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Certainly isn't for the train service to London - you can get from Stoke or Leicester to London in about the same time as you can from Worthing.
I’ve actually done door to door Hillside Avenue to Chez Hart in Spain in less time than a shitty journey to Victoria has taken before 😂

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Worthing are 3-0 up away from home. Getting close to those promotion slots. I’m at Lewes who are 4-0 up against 10 men Wingate and chasing a play off place.

Worthing also playing against 10 men.

Delighted they're turning Dover over. Dover at home was Worthing's first NLS game. A number of Dover 'supporters' banned from home games managed to get in and caused some rather unpleasant scenes. Only time I've seen police called to Woodside Road!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
A good night for Worthing. Both Havant and Chelmsford dropped points and finished their games with only 9 men!!!

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 21.48.49.png.png

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Worthing are 3-0 up away from home. Getting close to those promotion slots. I’m at Lewes who are 4-0 up against 10 men Wingate and chasing a play off place.

Probably not going to catch Ebbsfleet but 2nd and 3rd have a game less in the play-offs as well as a home advantage for the semi and potentially the final I believe!

Delighted they're turning Dover over. Dover at home was Worthing's first NLS game. A number of Dover 'supporters' banned from home games managed to get in and caused some rather unpleasant scenes. Only time I've seen police called to Woodside Road!

In much pettier reasons to dislike them - I travelled all the way to Dover in December and the game was called off. I’m in Folkestone on Thursday so missed this one by two days

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
In much pettier reasons to dislike them - I travelled all the way to Dover in December and the game was called off. I’m in Folkestone on Thursday so missed this one by two days

Yes, that was a disgrace! Tinpot club ... even there own decent fans don't seem to like the way the club is being run.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
A good night for Worthing. Both Havant and Chelmsford dropped points and finished their games with only 9 men!!!

View attachment 156493
Exciting times, even more so poignant as it’s not that long ago, Dec 2014, Worthing were days from resigning from the Isthmian League mid season, liquidating and then restarting the following August in the old Sussex County League Div 2.

This August they could be playing Notts County, Chesterfield and Southend 👍

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight

Many moons ago I played in a Worthing League cup final when the police had to be called due to disturbances. Our keeper had all sorts thrown at him. I scored the winner with a minute to go which didn’t help matters. Those were the days.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Exciting times, even more so poignant as it’s not that long ago, Dec 2014, Worthing were days from resigning from the Isthmian League mid season, liquidating and then restarting the following August in the old Sussex County League Div 2.

This August they could be playing Notts County, Chesterfield and Southend 👍
Heady times . Avg attendance about 1500 isnt it

I assume some upgrades to the ground would be needed for segregation

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Green Green Grass of Home, it’s about a bloke about to be hung, something many people have wanted to do to me over the years 😂
Mrs Rider told me that you were bloody well hung.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Heady times . Avg attendance about 1500 isnt it

I assume some upgrades to the ground would be needed for segregation
I think the segregation is in place if required, was used for the Eastbourne game earlier this season. I'd imagine there will need to be some other upgrades, but since George took over they have been gradually improving the ground in many areas. Hopefully, if they do get promoted, then the changes needed will be part of the current plan.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Many moons ago I played in a Worthing League cup final when the police had to be called due to disturbances. Our keeper had all sorts thrown at him. I scored the winner with a minute to go which didn’t help matters. Those were the days.
AFC Marshall vs Sompting in the Mike Smith Trophy 1983?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here